Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ok I am going to cut a drain board into a top. When on the cnc should I cut past the actual sink opening ? If so, how far? I am going to use a 3/4″ ball nose. I plan on starting at 1/16″ and cutting in another .25 leaving me a total of 5/16. Does this sound right ? (Was going to use a 3/8 ballnose but seems like it would be harder to sand)

Andy, I downloaded your outlet cover file. I am a little confused on exactly how to machine this. I Am going to practice on some scrap tonight. If I cant figure it out can I call you tomorrow ?

Travis,

What kind of CNC are you using? There is a drainboard bit available, which would be better then a ball bit. Looks better also. Check with FEDSAWDAVE, or Wesley Tools.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Travis,

We cut past the sink opening about an inch. We use a 1″ wide bit that has 1/4″ radius. It makes a slot with a flat bottom and super easy to sand. Plus it looks real nice.

You can call me tomorrow about the outlets, but it won’t do you any good. Sorry. I just uploaded the files that were sent by another FabNet member. Other have used them and they do work, but I have never tried them.

Andy, I cut a few of the outlet covers and it worked great. I did put a .125 radius on the corners so they werent square. Just a little sanding and they will be perfect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.