Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ross

I have recently bought an oven and I am starting to make sinks and pans.

I have a project coming up where I am presenting designs for 32 bathrooms.
    The photo attached shows a simple rectangle sink (not attached to top yet) with a thermoformed bottom. I want to show a coved option and wanted any feed back as to any do’s and don’ts.
    Do I just add a piece to the sink as is or am I better off seaming a piece between the floor and the wall. Do I thermoform the cove piece or do I just bend it (without forcing it).
    Thanks,
    Ross

Ross,

I think it is a wise idea to offer the cove as an option.  Hard 90 deg. corners never get cleaned well enough and soon look disgusting.

Adding a piece as is is challenging because the angle between the floor and the wall is variable.  Also, since you would be feathering out the glue seam by coving and sanding there is a high probability that the glue seam will be noticable.

I would recommend adding a cove piece between the floor and the wall.  The amount of deflection n the piece would determind if it needed to be thermoformed or cold bent.  Cold bent would probably be fine, but it would not be that difficult to form a cove strip either.

Johnny C

Ross

Thanks John.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I would cove the whole sink. Of course that would cost more in time but would be a great look.

Saying that, it may be cost prohibitive.

Is there a way to thermoform the bottom and the right and left side? Then just cove the front and back. Radius would have to be larger, but may save some time.

Tom M

I’m with Andy. Cove the sides as well as the bottom and that will be a nice integrated sink. You won’t have a call to make a lot of them, due to costs, but you will have a few customers willing to get that clean a look.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.