Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Shell

I just posted a 4 min video clip to the video section of a free software that makes it possible to create 3D renderings of your kitchens, shot on the LT-55.
    The software is free and pretty easy to use.
    At Laser Products we never saw the need for 3-D in a 2D countertop world, it added high costs to the machine and would not be used in 99% of most jobs.
    We were happy to discover this free software that our customers can use in tandem with the DXF. file created on the LT-55 to create a 3-D rendering of your customers kitchen, you can also import solid surface and stone colors into the program so you can show your customer what their completed top will look like.

I will work on a video with narration and more detail for you guys soon.

Link to video

http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com…ystem.aspx

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That is pretty cool the way it renders the pattern overlay when you do the edge.

Gordon Shell

Andy,
    That is just a drop in the bucket to what the software will do, I will have a better video before the end of the week.

Thanks

Brian Stone

It looks like Google SketchUp to me.

Gordon Shell

Posted By Brian_Stone on 19 May 2009 08:42 AM
    It looks like Google SketchUp to me.

yep, I was just not allowed to post the name on a public forum, I was letting people know thru emails and PM.

The program is free to download and use, watch the tutorial videos and you will see how easy it is to use.

Brian Stone

Why can you not say the name on a public forum? Because you’re saying to use it with software that you sell / profit off of?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Which version of the Sketch-up are you using? I assume the free version?

Gordon Shell

Posted By Brian_Stone on 19 May 2009 11:43 AM
    Why can you not say the name on a public forum? Because you’re saying to use it with software that you sell / profit off of?

That is the reason, we spoke with Google because we wanted to post a link on our website to their site for their software, we thought this would be free referals for them but they didn’t like the idea. We are allowed to mention their software but cannot advertise it.

The software is awsome, the google people were great to work with, they just have to abide by the legal department like every othr large company.

The kid in the google sketch-up video actually gave me a crash course on the program during KBIS, very easy to learn and use.

Gordon Shell

Posted By Andy on 19 May 2009 01:09 PM
    Which version of the Sketch-up are you using? I assume the free version?

Andy,
    The free version lets you do everything that we need to do for counters as well as a ton of other stuff. The pro version lets you create presentations, I think it is used by designers, engineers, etc. The pro version is still very affordable, I think it is around $500.00.

Gordon:

I watched the video and I have a few suggestions if you don’t mind. I would have 7 of 9 from Star Trek standing on the countertop, not some nerdy dweeb and some music would be nice. I suggest “Hot for Teacher” by Van Halen.

I’ll bet your potential customers agree with me.

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So this integrate directly with the LT-55 software?

Gordon Shell

Posted By Kowboy on 19 May 2009 09:31 PM

Gordon:

I watched the video and I have a few suggestions if you don’t mind. I would have 7 of 9 from Star Trek standing on the countertop, not some nerdy dweeb and some music would be nice. I suggest “Hot for Teacher” by Van Halen.

I’ll bet your potential customers agree with me.

Joe

Hot for the teacher? That worries me since I am the teacher on this post and my students are…………….FABRICATORS!

Thanks Joe

Gordon Shell

Posted By Andy on 19 May 2009 11:17 PM
    So this integrate directly with the LT-55 software?

There is an import feature on Sketch-up that allows you to grab the LT-55 XL DXF. file and manipulate it.

If you shoot a verticle shot (full height splash) and a horizontal shot (countertop), you can put them both into the same drawing in Sketch-up and make a complete 3D rendering of the kitchen with full height splash.

Chris

Did you have to specifically format the .DXF file to work with it or does it take any .DXF?

Gordon Shell

Posted By Chris on 20 May 2009 01:29 PM
    Did you have to specifically format the .DXF file to work with it or does it take any .DXF?

Any dxf. the LT-55 creates dxf files and they import directly into the software. to load a dxf file do the following-

go to file > import > select your file then hit open.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.