Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson

We made this cove machine with the help of a local machinist. We purchased to overhead router for $500. 00 at a local auction.

Jon,

Did you get that from a museum?

John C.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That is awsome. Why didn’t you just buy a premade cove machine instead? Just curious.

Andy

Jon Olson

Well I would suggest you buy a cove machine from Steve. We had the router here and thought we should use it for something. It produces Cove and tile cove. When we make cove we first run it thru the v-groove glue the next step is to fold up and glue. Than rout the cove in the machine. Its working out well.

Kurt Bonk

My opinion Steve’s machine is great! We’ve been using it for a few years now. Make sure you ask for the one with the new outfeed table on the cove station. The one with the extra router I call the toe nail trimmer. If you get the older version table with one router there is a waiting list to upgrade.

Kurt

Kurt Bonk

All,

I got my new cove station top from Monument. I”ll be out of town for a few days so unpacking will have to wait. Thanks for sending that out Steve & Susan. Let you know the results.

Kurt

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Take some pictures.

Shane Barker

We have been using Steve’s machine for a while now and really love it. It is great because it is always set up and ready to go. Fast and easy. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to increase their profits on doing coves.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane,

I asked Kurt this same question. Do you get any glue lines at the cove when you use Steve’s machine? Glue lines are unacceptable for our shop and I don’t want to get stuck with a machine that give you good results, I need great results.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane,

Forgot this, does it compliment your cnc or did you buy it before you had your cnc?

Shane Barker

Andy,

Prior to my CNC I did all my coving on our Striebig, and it did a great job but was kind of a hassle setting it up all the time. So back when I was on the market for a CNC I thought I would do all my V grooving on it. I met Steve that year and he took me around to look at the machines at the Anaheim show and told me I would not be happy V grooving on the CNC (for the cove splashes) and I thought he was saying that just so he could sell me one of his machines. Well turns out he was right, I have tried doing it on the CNC and it is not much fun, so I bought his machine and we love it. I don’t know how picky you are about glue lines and overall quality but I can tell you that I have never met someone pickier than myself, just ask my fabricators. This machine is very consistent in quality because it is always set up and ready to go. And Steve sells them at a very good price for what you are getting.

Shane

Disclaimer; My company has received no form of compensation from Steve or Monument Tools, And I want to know why the hell not because I have helped him sell a lot of these machines.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane wrote

Disclaimer; My company has received no form of compensation from Steve or Monument Tools, And I want to know why the hell not because I have helped him sell a lot of these machines.

Classic 🙂

Andy wrote

Shane wrote

Classic 🙂

Hey, delete that post………….No, wait,…..censor it………..No, wait, LMAO. I’ll get a PUC package right out to you.

Nice avatar Steve…would that happen to be a Bud Light???

FEDSAWDAVE wrote
    Nice avatar Steve…would that happen to be a Bud Light???

That is an animated gif and this board will not display it properly. Pic posting here is a bit dogey. I’ll post the link later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.