Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Been looking around at software to draw and quote countertops. Not many list prices on their website and little time during the day to deal with a salesman, however bad we need the software. Anyone have input on good software and approximate pricing?

Quick Quote has my attention at this time, price was on the website, seemed reasonable for what it does. Doesn’t have as many options as other software packages do, but as grandad said, poor people have poor ways.

Thanks for the help, again……….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey Al,

Mory turned me onto Moraware about a year ago and I love it. Not sure what the current pricing of Quick Quote is, but Moraware is not real expensive as far as pricing programs go. It does not draw coutertops though. Talk to Harry@moraware.com

There customer service is great and I am really happy with all the technical help Susan provides.

Disclaimer: Moraware is an advertiser, however my other post about Moraware are the same before they became an advertiser.

Shane Barker

I agree with Andy, Moraware is great, they now have a lower price version that may be a good way to start.

Shane

I did look into Moraware and if it had a drawing tool included, it would be at the top of the list. Their starter package is as reasonable as Quick Quote and the scheduling part of it looks pretty good. We can still function without a scheduling option currently, so although we will probally need it in the future, it is a luxury at this time.

With a couple of new guys on the floor, I’m looking to get the info we used to put on the templates onto a peice of paper without making transcription mistakes from quote to template to shop drawings. Might keep me from choking someone……….

I guess I could check to see if Moraware is contemplating adding a drawing module.

Thanks for the imput guys.

Shane Barker

Al,

I was holding out for a couple of years hopeful that someone would come out with one that had a good drawing module and finally gave up when Mory told us how well Moraware was working for him. The software is really working well for us, kinda like one of those things that you don’t know how you got by without it.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Moraware has a 90 day trial and they will host it on their server for that period of time. You will be amazed at how great the scheduling software is.

Andre Costa

Andy, you just convinced me. I’ll hit that link tonight and try out the Moroware. Nothing to lose….

Of course I made the mistake of trying out a Kremlin spray rig last month and couldn’t let it go. Now I have a $2,000 spray gun. Pretty smart marketing for them to offer those free trials.

Now if I can just get some software that will go out in the shop and inflict corporal punishment on those who cause us to get off the schedule we set…….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Al,

Please give us your thoughts if you decide to use it. Nothing like a good review for other fabricators to read. Don’t be afraid to critisize the product either. Moraware people actually listen and make changes. They have incorporated a few changes that I have suggested.

Gordon Shell

The folks @ Global-e-Solutions have a great system Global Stone Pro, Showroom Pro, and some other very nice applications. I believe they have a monthly subscription program so you don’t have to layout alot of cash to get started. You can reach Vipul Shah @ 847-354-1404, they do free demos all over the country and are always at the shows.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you have the link to their website?

Gordon Shell
    Tom M

Is there a software that, similar to a CAD program, automatically figures square footage, with easy price changinf functions? I price the slab, plus labor, when it comes to Estone, or granite. I will want that flexibility.

Moraware might be the best comprimise, leaving the drawing out of it.
    Can anyone sum up hoe flexible the pricing is?

Tom M

Or even “how” flexible?

Mike Black

The quick quote looks pretty good for drawing and pricing. Very quick to learn, pricing seems flexible from what few minutes I spent messing with it. This weekend I’m going to spend some time with it, moroware and the pinicle product.

Vipul Shah

Global StonePro (www.globalstonepro.com) is a comprehensive package for CounterTop Fabrication Business Management. Global StonePro offers a lot of flexibility and provides you with a solid foundation to grow your business. You have the opportunity to set-up Global StonePro with the simplest to the most complex countertop business processes. Global StonePro helps you to manage all aspects of your business from drawing, quoting, scheduling, order management, inventory, production, machine control to integration with accounting packages. Global StonePro now has the ability to provide sub-quotes and orders, and flexible reports as needed by the user. We continuously work on improvements within Global StonePro. We also offer a CAD utility for complex shapes. Our solution suite is both web-based and installed. Please feel free to contact us at 866.277.8968 or info@globalesourcing.com for additional information or to schedule a web demo to review our latest enhancements.

Vipul.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.