Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Karl Crooks

Politefab thanks for the photos !

I really like the radius in the corner, as a company that specializes in repair, we have seen many cracks start at that corner. The radius in the corner should help to eliminate cracking at that point. It looks like you have a great system there !

Eli Polite

its been well thought out having a background in solid surface has help in a lot of my methods. if you want one let me know

i cut it close and than back bevel the bottom side if the seam and go over it with a 100 grit z bit to remove all the chips and give me a near perfect seam

Eli Polite

i have sold quite a few already and will be demonstrating it at expo in vegas

Kevin Padden

Very cool Eli  !!!

I actually have a variant of the same thing that I am rolling out for students that come to the AZ School of Rock…

Are you making the jig out of an HDPE product or some other kind of plastic?

Very Nice!!!!

kevin

Eli Polite

100% solid surface http://thefabricatornetwork.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/fabnet/emoticons/biggrin.gif

i have sold many of them and get many requests i have had a great response. if it is used correctly it will last for ever i have been using the same one for over a year now with great results

Norm Walters

Eli, what kind of browser are you using that turns a smiley into HTML text?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Eli,

What type of tooling do you use to follow the template?

Eli Polite

i was on my mac . now im on my dell ……

ill post more pics with the tooling i use

Eli Polite

i mark what i am going to cut. in most cases i just make this cut on the beam saw but it can be cut by hand. i cut it about 1/8″ away from my marked lines

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

once it is cut close i clamp my template back on and get out my galesky. i first back bevel the seam and use a 100 grit z bit to finish the seam off. some times if i did not cut it quite close enough to the template i use a 30 grit z wheel first

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eli Polite

i use the same thing for the mail side of the miter lock

if you decide to go to the expo stop in before 10 am ill be demoing it at the SFA booth thursday and friday

Do you still sell this template for the inside corner seams.  If so is there any special tools that should be used to get maxium results.

Steve Vasquez 916 247 0623

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.