Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What do you think , should we grow corn for gas tanks…I think this sounds wacked..anyone been reading Time magazine lately about this?,, then they hafta put blended gasoline labels on the pumps… This idea sounds Corny…ami i mislead or seeing it wrong?

Sue Turner

Gene I agree with you in that it is not the best way to go. From some of the info i have read corn for gas is not as efficient as sugar cane for gas like in Brazil. Sugar cane equals more bang for the buck and keep the corn for food.

Corn is already in so many things that converting it to gas will make a shortage and we will still probably be giving everybody subsidies.

I could be wrong but don’t we have to first convert corn to sugar and then gas, if so why not use sugar, i.e. sugar cane. I also think you get better fuel economy and power from sugar cane.

KCWOOD

I saw one guy from MIT say corn is just organic, so is sage brush. There is more BTU’s of fuel on federal land in the form of sage brush than OPEC has oil.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I like to watch those discovery shows and I recently saw where they are tuning all organic material into fuel. Example is, take the corn for food and then use all the byproducts like the husk, stems and leaves for fuel.

It works on a small scale right now. Maybe with the focus on converting corn to fuel, it will open the door for better ideas. Never know, at least people in the US are making money rather the the middle east.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.