Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

We all went brain dead around here. 

How close are the Corian numbers supposed to be when gluing Corian sheet together (50?)…Thanks.

I would normally be comfortable at 50, but that said, I have seen color mismatch from one ind of the sheet to the other.  I also have had numbers be tens of thousands apart and still be ok.

The real question is do the sheets look right when you place them together and wet the surface.

Johnny C

Jon Olson

WE use 500 as are number

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

500 or we check them side by side and spray water on them to even the color.

Wayne

We sent them back…unfortunately more sheets must come from Florida (same as the first…you’d think they’d look at the numbers before shipping).  DOESN’T ANYONE CARRY INVENTORY ANYMORE!!!!!

Linda Graves

We recently received 2 sheets that did not match.  When I called to request matching sheets, I was told that unless we specify matching sheets, they will ship whatever is in stock.  In this case they did not have matching sheets. 
    I had always assumed that if I order 2 sheets on one order, they would be matching.  A phone call would have saved time and money.

Wayne

We requested them matching and the acknowledgement stated that as well.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Inventories are dwindling and it seems some will ship anything just to move it. They probably just hope you accept it.

Posted By Johnny C on 24 Feb 2009 12:00 PM

The real question is do the sheets look right when you place them together and wet the surface.

Johnny C

I’ve got to agree with Johnny.

The homeowner doesn’t care what the numbers are, she just wants consistency. Corian is very consistent in color and particulate generally.

Joe

The key work here is generally.

I recently had a job in Corian “Oat”.  The sheet had a 5″ particulate starved strip running right down the center of the full length.  Due to weather problems the material arrived four days late.  I did not have time to re-order.

Solution:  I cut 5″ out of the middle of the sheet and seamed it back together.  Then I used the 5″ strip for backsplash where it was not really easy to notice…

Since I had no other choice in order to stay on schedule and keep the customer happy, I got a full credit from the distributor for the sheet.

Johnny C

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.