Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Here are a few projects just completed using Corian Private Collection. The seams can out really good. We have had some issues with the material not matching so great at the edges.

On these, we decided to seam two sheets of material directly on the CNC prior to cutting. We slid the material ever so slightly to get a better match. We then glued the two pieces and cut the tops.
    Worked out much better although it took longer. Well worth the effort.
    Corian Arrowroot
    Corian Tumbleweed
    Corian Witch Hazel
    David Gerard

excellent! we did tumble weed and in the same lay out like you did. Came out great.
    2 of the showers look similar, are they for an apt complex?

David Gerard

excellent! we did tumble weed and in the same lay out like you did. Came out great.

David Gerard

David Gerard

Tom M

After you answer David’s four distinctly different questions (j/k, Mr. Alaska), tell me: Where did you opt for the seam placement on that kitchen top? It looks like the grain is running front to back in the middle leg.

Steve , NY

That is the first time I’ve seen glass in the false front by the sink bowl. I have inlayed solid surface as a panel in the false front before.

Nice looking work Andy.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

These are two separate jobs, it’s not an apartment complex. We did then about a month apart.

Didn’t notice that glass. That is kinda funny looking.

Yes, the pattern is running all the same direction. We try to do 45 degree angles when we can. We opted not to because the span was short, the sink would take up most of the span and there were two field seams because the window sill stuck out really far which made it difficult to install the top with the sink and cove.

Tom M

Andy,
    So you have a seam in the sink cut out and one over the DW?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They are both about 1 1/2″ from the corners. It’s real close to the sink. We were not able to use the Parallign seam clamps. Technically the seam is over the dishwasher but there was really no other place to put it.

Jon Olson

Nice job Andy, corian shower walls fill a void in the bath market, you have cheap kits form th box stores, tile, and than what? 

A corian install will cost a bit more than tile but many more advantages .
    Andy ,any time I sold a corian bath the clients age was always in the retirement range. 
    What was the age group of your two customers ?
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

All in their 50’s and 60’s. I don’t think they were retired, but close. The are just tired of the grout and hassle of tile. Solid surface acts like glass and it’s so easy to keep clean.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.