Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

I just finished a top that ended up needing an additional sheet due to a lesson learned the hard way. When the sheet came in I check the color and was very happy to find that the color cosistency was such that I would not have a color match problem and could even seem the new sheet with the old and not see the difference. When I lined up the first seem I was surprised to find that the new sheet was a good 1/32 or so of an inch thicker than the previous sheets. I checked the table , then I checked several scrap pieces from the earlier sheets and they were consistent and the new sheet was consistently thicker.

My question is should this be a routine concern or am I just the lucky one?

Thanks,
    Chris

I’ve seen one or to cases, rare though. I have seen sheets with what we call scant in lumber, sections that weren’t thick enough to get sanded, skipped places. It was some import stuff.

Shane Barker

Chris,

You should consider this routine, we run into this all the time. We just finished a job where all the sheets were a shy 7/16”. All the sheets for this job were the same so not a big deal, but we have this issue a lot. We check the sheets when they come in to avoid any possible problems.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That’s alot but yea it does happen. It used to happen more than it does now and it seems like they are never actually 1/2″

We run into that also………Not a big deal with solid surface………PITA with E-Stone And Granite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.