Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I used to think tools and machinery would work forever. Not so. My compressor called in sick today. First if was the pressure regulator, then it sprung a leak. About a $1000 later and it will hopefully work like a champ.

Cross your fingers.

That is a bummer.

Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Got her out of sick bay. Only cost $1,052. I didn’t realize it was so old. We bought it in 1998 and it has 20,000 hours of run time. Still running good so I’m thankful.

KCWOOD

what in the world, where’s all the oil from????  looks like it’s achilles heel sprung a leak…

inside joke guys…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

O Rings blew a seal right by the air cooler.

I think I feel heart palpitations from after seeing the bill.

Sue Turner

Look at it this way, what would a new one cost?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Still a little sick. Thing works good but then randomly shuts off. Got to call the guy out again. Funny how things happen after the maintenance guy leaves.

Yea, a new one would be expensive. This unit actually works really well most of the time. Just needs a little TLC.

KCWOOD

shuts off how?  Electrical?  Does it have a low oil level cutoff switch?

Many things on a compressor, anyone can fix… well most can fix..

Wags

Andy what would health care for the last 14 years cost on an employee? $6 a month is not bad, tho it does hurt when the bill comes all at once

Jon Olson
    Andy ,do you do
    preventive maintenance on your large tools? We have a company come in every.  6
    months to check out our compressor.

David Gerard

my wife would like to destroy my compressor some times. As you know, my shop is under our apt…sometimes I forget to turn the beast off at night. Oh ya! “and then the fight started”

Jon Olson

Dave , you need to compress that problem

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Well I have isolated the problem and it is not the pressure switch which cost $400. The compressor just shuts off after random times. Not sure if it’s a heat switch or a faulty timer. The problem appears even when the machine is in manual mode (should never shut off).

KC,

The oil has been changed and leak fixed. The oil level shouldn’t cause it to shut off at this point. The guy that comes over can’t seem to fix the problem cause he doesn’t even understand the issue.

Jon,

We don’t have a maintenance schedule and we should. I have actually been looking for a program that would help create a maintenance schedule. I thing I will start using Google Calendar because I have not found a good app.

Wags

Andy a simple pop up reminder program is http://www.calendar-reminder.com/ I use it for paying bills, remembering birthdays etc. Works well, and its only $20. May be a simple solution to the problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.