Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Just purchased a used Compact V v-groover and cove making machine. I found it advertised on here on the FabNet. They guy was located in Las Vegas so it was close enough to go and pickup.

Looks like it is real good condition but havn’t used it just yet. Have to set up a 220v outlet.
    We do lots of coves and this should work well.
    If anyone has one and would like to give me some tips or pointers it would be much appreciated.
    Also, if anyone has the documentation, I need to get a copy. The guy that sold it to me lost his.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Andy

Andy you are going to wonder what took you so long once your up and running. I just faxed you over the paper that came with mine. If you need to know anything specific just let me know. One thing you should do is put 10′ roller infeed & outfeed tables. We modified the fence on ours and can get a 9″ drop edge. I also put on a removable fence and change the coving bit to a bullnose bit and run windowsills, (fast)

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Got the fax, thanks.

I will probably call you when I have a chance to look a the thing more. I like the bullnose idea for window sills.

Did you plug into a 20 amp breaker?

Posted By Mike Gladstone on 19 Oct 2011 08:38 AM
    Andy you are going to wonder what took you so long once your up and running. I just faxed you over the paper that came with mine. If you need to know anything specific just let me know. One thing you should do is put 10′ roller infeed & outfeed tables. We modified the fence on ours and can get a 9″ drop edge. I also put on a removable fence and change the coving bit to a bullnose bit and run windowsills, (fast)

I actually gave you a paper? I usually just have the operator call me and in 15 min or so they are ready to go. Talked to Andy a few hours ago.

Len Smith

That picture is a fake, Andy. There is no dust visible, anywhere. ;^)

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Len,

I just got it and have not hooked it up yet. I will post a video when it’s up and running. Hopefully I’ll get it going by Monday.

Talked with Steve today and it should be pretty straight forward. Don’t want to say easy, cause you know how that will turn out.

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.