Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brady Hudson

What, if anything, do you guys do to address cold tops?  It was -1 this morning and we placed our stone tops in the Box vans last night.  When we get to the jobsites the tops are still very cold.  We keep our adhesive warm, but typically we are placing our heat strips on the tops in the seam area to warm this up prior to pulling the seams together.

Another issue we have is the tops will start sweating and that makes it tough to silicone splashes.

We have thought about getting a power converter and plugging in electric blankets and draping them over the the tops?(travel time to our jobsites are minimum 1/2 hour, but usually an hour)  Are we “out there”?

thanks
    Brady

Posted By Brady Hudson on 07 Dec 2010 10:09 AM
    What, if anything, do you guys do to address cold tops?  It was -1 this morning and we placed our stone tops in the Box vans last night.  When we get to the jobsites the tops are still very cold.  We keep our adhesive warm, but typically we are placing our heat strips on the tops in the seam area to warm this up prior to pulling the seams together.

Another issue we have is the tops will start sweating and that makes it tough to silicone splashes.

We have thought about getting a power converter and plugging in electric blankets and draping them over the the tops?(travel time to our jobsites are minimum 1/2 hour, but usually an hour)  Are we “out there”?

thanks
    Brady

Brady:

You’re either going to have to put up with doing things as you are or plugging in the blankets. I think the blankets sound like much less work, but then a lot of people, here especially, think I’m “out there.”

Joe

Brian Stone

Are the vans parked outside overnight? If they are then I would consider loading the tops in the morning instead. That should at least buy you a little time on the first job.

Topshop

Move to a warmer location.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Stone stays cold for a long time and the idea of putting a heat blanket directly on the material sounds like a great idea. I live in California and never experience this issue.

Is there a way to quickly heat the van with a propane heater and then use the heat from the van and blankets to keep it warm?

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get the counters heated to the correct temperature?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.