Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

Received a call this morning from a business associate, no…he’s more like my brother, at this point he’s family.. Got us in to the stone tool business years ago.Ran in to him at Stone Expo in Atlanta. He didn’t know me, I didn’t know him. Immediate friendship.

In his 38 years, Ken’s had one of those lives that you would envy and not want…all at the same time. Private pilot at 25, crashed a plane at 28 that had had engine failure. Laid in a ditch for 24 hours before they found him with to many bones broken to count. Was visiting Thailand last year, the country where his wife was born and while riding a motor scooter, he and his wife were run over by a delivery truck. She had bumps and bruises, he spent 6 weeks in a Thai hospital while they pinned his bones back together just enough so he could make the 23 hour flight home.

Anyway, Ken, who lives on the east coast of Florida called this morning, his wife was murdered this week. Lured to a neighbors house on the pretense of watching the family dog while they were away. They were already away, their 26yr. old son, who is in the Coast Guard was not. Killed her and threw her behind a dumpster.

Prayers welcome…

Tom M

My god, Dave. I don’t know what to say. Was the guy a looney tune, or was there a plan or motive?

Platinum

Story goes, the 26yr old spent the night before “drinking and doing drugs” (where have we heard this bullspit a 1000 times!) She shows up to walk the dog, he’s asleep on the sofa. Wakes up, beats her to death.

What the hell can you say???????

Karl Crooks

Sorry Dave ….. its sooooo sad and sooooo very crazy !!!!!

Todd Craig

Dave it just goes to show it can happen to anyone these days… your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

We just had headlines here about teens killing a child… little girl was home sick from school and the teen thugs broke in to burglarize the place and when she got up they beat her to death. Sad lose of an innocent person and a couple of meth crazed teens will spend their lives behind bars. Seems to be happening all over the country with the common link being coke or meth.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

After reading that, I am not sure what to say but our thoughts are with you, your friend and family.

Tom M

People aren’t supposed to do this sort of thing.

My condolences, Dave.

Stelymer

How awful. No words will make any sense of this. Our condolences are all we can offer.

Update: When Ken’s wife was late coming home, he walked down to the town home where she was supposed to be walking the dog. The murderer answered the door. He had a bloody cut on his hand and Ken noticed that a glass topped coffee table was shattered and in pieces on the floor. Before Ken could ask, the perp said he had been drunk last night and fell on top of the table. He also said he did not know where Ken’s wife was.

As Ken turned to leave, he noticed his wifes shoes laying at the foot of the stairs. He immediately ran back home and called 911. They found her behind a dumpster stuffed in a garbage can.

What do you say? When I received that call it was like the world closed in around me, the guy who is never at a loss for words was suddenly speachless.

I’ll be in that court room with Ken.

Dave,

I don’t assume that I could console your pain. One thing for sure. Bad dude, bad business and bad justicewill be the likely outcome. The only right outcome of this is that the perp would end up sucking death from a needle while laying on a cold gurney at midnight some day real soon. No excuses!!!

hearts out to you and family!

Johnny C

Gordon Doull

There are no words, Dave.

It took me while to get to this thread, but please accept our deepest sympathies.

Lenny E

Dear Dave,

Im so very sorry to hear about the death of your friends wife. I dont know quite what to say except to offer condolences and prayers. Im surprized Im not dead yet, flitting from one bullshit country to another. Hey all, watch your backs. Its a cruel world out there, and not all of the people are as nice as we are at Fabnet..

May the peace of God, that transcends all, descend upon that family,

Lenny

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.