Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have a CAD file for coasters? We are doing our own but want to see if we are doing this right or not before we go into it. We want to use them as giveaways to potential customers.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Robert

Matt Kraft

Robert,

We have made round ones before, all I do is cut a 4″ circle, and then a 3 1/2″ circle inside it cut 1/8″ deep with a drainboard bit and do a 2D engrave. This leaves a nice inside radius and a containment area for drips and spills as well as a place for cork if you want to.

To go the next step, find someone with a laser engraver and have them burn you logo on there. We thought about inlaying all of them, but the laser was far, far less work.

Matt

Seth Emery

If you do what Matt said without cutting the coasters out and then flip the piece over and rout a rabbet on the bottom of the coaster so it will fit into the plowed out part of the top of another coaster it works well for keeping sets together. You have to cut out a specific size rectangle, so you are able to rout out the coasters precisely when you flip the material. We did this, and, once I flipped the material, I checked the first few and made minor adjustments to the work offsets so the cuts would line up – worked great.

Have a nice evening,

Seth

Thanks Matt and Seth. The info you gave is actually a big help, we are going to try it and drop the way we were doing it….or might I say trying to do it.

Robert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.