Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

I am bidding a pretty involved (for me) kitchen that will involve matching tiered radi(?) in Quartz and Granite. I currently work with shops that fab by hand and some that use CNC. Holding all other variables even (which they never are) would you guys reserve the complicated matching stuff for the CNC shop, or figure that the hand guys are as good as the templates you get’m?

Thanks

Chris

Tom M

Chris,

If I understand your question right, I think a CNC shop that actually knows how to work the machine would be quicker and better.

Chris Yaughn

Tom,

I gotta slow down and phrase questions better. Second time tonite I’ve gotton the “If I understand” thing. That was the question though.

Of course the CNC shop in question trends to the high maintenance end of the spectrum in other regards, but.. whats a brother to do?

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You know, we used to fabricate without a CNC for decades. We never had a problem with making archs and radii smooth and consistent. It may take the shop a bit longer but you probably won’t pay anymore for it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.