Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Vickers

We have recently installed a secondhand CNC and have just cut a load of melamine faced MDF for cabinets. On assembly we find the panels are out of square by about 1/2 a mm not a lot I know but worrying. I was of the opinion that out of square was not an option on a CNC.
    We have recently had the head adjusted because it was not cutting perpindicular to the bed, much improved but not dead accurate.
    Am I expecting to much?
    Any advice/observations very welcome.

Jeff

Jeff,

You are not expecting to much. If you send a quare to the machine to cut then it should cut the square exactly as drawn. Try turning off the machine and run it to the end of the table. When you get to the end both side should be at the same point. If they are not then you need to adjust the gantry to the table. I would call the manufacturers tech support and have them walk you thru it of scedule in a tech.

Jeff Vickers

Many thanks Mike, I will try tomorrow and ring the tech on monday.

Jeff

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Jeff, try cutting a perfect circle.  Make it big enough so that the vacuum will not allow the piece to move.  The start and stop point should be dead on.  If the machine is out of square you will not end where you started.  There will be a bit of an offset.

If that doesn’t work blame Mike…just kidding. 

It can cut circles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.