Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

is there any trick , special tool , or procedure for making a chiseled edge on honed 3CM black absolute?

Mark Mihalik

Methods depend on how much you want to do (ln.ft.)

We use the Beaver Edge Chisel Machine. It takes a lot less work and skill to operate. Small score with a grinder and run the machine down the edge and it will chisel it for you. You will probably need to go back over it with a hammer and chisel to toutch it up.

If your brave, doing a small amount, or just don’t want to buy the machine, you can do it by hand. I can’t say that I’ve done this, but many can. They score the top and bottom with a grinder and chisel away. The score helps prevent the chunks chiseled from going in to far. When finished you take off the sharp edges with your diamond pads.

Brad Widmer

ClassicDesign wrote

is there any trick , special tool , or procedure for making a chiseled edge on honed 3CM black absolute?

Checkout http://www.stoneadvice.com and do a search on chiseled edge. You will find tools and how to do it by hand.

On another note I do not do honed black absolute for anyone… just my experience with disgruntled people thinking they want the look and then finding the reality of fingerprints, smudges, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.