Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

just thought id share this and youse are always welcome to use this as a sales pitch to sell the premium priced vetrazzo
    This is what i decided to do when attempted to do my own concrete tops…i get alot of people saying Vetrazzo is too expensive…those Vodka sky bottles they use must really cost…anyway I created this as a gag to show those type of customers that really cant afford a high budget..it gets them laughing and they seem to pick the vetrazzo after I show them their choices

Look at the lovely Mad dog 20/20…wine that never saw a grape

lets not forget wild irish rose

and oh..not the strawberry boones farm

I also thru a couple of cigarette packs in the mix to and used up the broken glass i have in coffee cans for various inlays

Then ya show them the Vetrazzo and its an easy salegood luck fella fabricators..below is Paladian gray vetrazzo

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That is some nice work. Be sure to save that sample as your first. It can go in the Smithsonian someday.

I would pick the Vetrazzo myself also.

Wags

Lipstick on a pig, can’t disguse that its still a pig.. All those “green” products are overpriced. Guess being “Green” means the company makes more green in the form of $$$

David Gerard

Gene,  throw a Jameson’s  bottle face in there I might use is on my disco dance floor  ooooowwwwwwcccch!

Gene:

I think you’re really onto something with the Mad Dog countertop. Veterazzo Verschmazzzo, give me the Mad Dog top!

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Wags on 07 Feb 2009 03:45 PM

Lipstick on a pig, can’t disguse that its still a pig.. All those “green” products are overpriced. Guess being “Green” means the company makes more green in the form of $$$

This is the case with everything though.  Remember when Corian sinks were over $1000?  Law of supply and demand.

Wags

They had good reason to be over $1,000, failure rate was about 90%

Posted By Wags on 10 Feb 2009 04:54 PM

Wags:

I fancy myself a bit of a solid surface historian but that’s the first I’ve ever heard of that. Could you please substantiate or elaborate a bit Master?

Your humble Grasshopper,

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t recall having that high failure rate on the Corian sink.

Linda Graves

We had, maybe, a 5% failure rate on the Fountainhead KO2O sink. I would be surprised if we have had a total of 10 Corian failures since we have been in business. 

The first Corian sink I sold was $1,450.  I could barely get the words out of my mouth.  We were paying over $1,100 for the sink.

Linda

Karl Crooks

Posted By Kowboy on 10 Feb 2009 09:05 PM

Posted By Wags on 10 Feb 2009 04:54 PM

Wags:

I fancy myself a bit of a solid surface historian but that’s the first I’ve ever heard of that. Could you please substantiate or elaborate a bit Master?

Your humble Grasshopper,

Joe

I’ve been around Solid Surface for almost 30 years and I dont remember this.

Jon Olson

Gene you being from NJ and your ability to work with cement makes me nervous.

Posted By Linda on 11 Feb 2009 09:28 AM

We had, maybe, a 5% failure rate on the Fountainhead KO2O sink. I would be surprised if we have had a total of 10 Corian failures since we have been in business. 

The first Corian sink I sold was $1,450.  I could barely get the words out of my mouth.  We were paying over $1,100 for the sink.

Linda

Linda:

You’re giving away your age, girlfriend!

Joe

Linda Graves

Joe,

Age is a state of mind!

Karl Crooks

Posted By Linda on 11 Feb 2009 01:53 PM

Joe,

Age is a state of mind!

You go Girl !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.