Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

What methods have any of you used to mount chair rail to the wall.  I may have several hundred feet of chair rail to mount.

It is in a Hotel setting and I am not sure if it would be mounted directly to painted sheet rock or after typical wallpaper type covering is applied.
    I would think that a silicone based adhesive for permanent hold and hot melt to hold while the silicone sets would be adequate.
    I have used Manus-Bond 75-AM for shower panels and it holds very well in that situation.
    Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Silicone and hot glue would work well.

Get yourself a laser level on a tripod and the installation will go much easier. Just set the line to the top of the chair rail and you will be able to guide the chair rail right to the line as you apply the hot glue.

I’m sure there is a mechanical way to fasten it but it would require a thicker piece of material.

is it possible to router out a channel in the back of the chair rail..and then screw some wood where it goes…then silcone the ss rail over the wood strip..of course make the rabbet loose over the wood..then silcone the wood…it depends if the wallpaper person used good adhesive..cause ur glue is only as the strong as the person before you..I’d feel better screwing to studs or shooting nails downward into drywall so it doesnt slde down onya..

Thanks for your replies.

I just got off the phone with the specifier.  We will be supplying the pieces but will not be doing the installation.  I wanted to offer them an installation method to follow.  Turns out that all the chair rails are exterior installation against stucco.
    Johnny C

so now ya better by the half inch sentra a fire it to da wall then hide the ss over the strip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.