Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have got a large job to do where I have to build a stage with an upper stage that will accomodate people in seats and the occasional dancing girl walking on it.

I am having a tough time with the design of the upper stage. I want to make sure it is strong enough to hold a person. Does anyone know of a source where I might get some help with the design? Problem is the whole thing is basically acrylic and I am not sure how I am going to attach everything together ?? PLus I only get a limmited amount of time on the job site so the whole thing has to be pre built in the shop and then assembled on site.

Any ideas ??

Travis,

We helped with a stage design for Extreme Home Makeover. It was built with a steel welded frame, They wanted to put a sheet of Avonite Sky Glass directly on it. We recommended 3/4″ lexan as a substrate. But 8:00pm on a Friday you can’t find any, so we wound up using 3/4″ MDF which was painted and had 6 or 8 inch holes cut out for lights. If the steel is to heavy look at aluminum, either one will give you the strength. To protect yourself from liability have it designed and signed off on by an engineer ( i.e. Load and bearing limits)

Posted By Travis H on 02/27/2008 10:49 AM

I have got a large job to do where I have to build a stage with an upper stage that will accomodate people in seats and the occasional dancing girl walking on it.

I am having a tough time with the design of the upper stage. I want to make sure it is strong enough to hold a person. Does anyone know of a source where I might get some help with the design? Problem is the whole thing is basically acrylic and I am not sure how I am going to attach everything together ?? PLus I only get a limmited amount of time on the job site so the whole thing has to be pre built in the shop and then assembled on site.

Any ideas ??

We need a rough sketch of what you are tyring to do, and 20-30 photos of the proposed dancing girl in the appropriate dancing clothing (if wearing any).

KCWOOD

Don’t you just love those jobs where the client wants something noone else has, to look awesome, serve a specific purpose, but does not, or will not hire an architect or engineer for the job.

I get a lot of those jobs. Often not exactly when I want them. Sometimes you do not find out until after you install the friggin thing that the client has no clue as to what they asked/signed for. Keep the meter running till the fat lady sings.

David Gerard
    Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 03/02/2008 3:17 PM

Don’t you just love those jobs where the client wants something noone else has, to look awesome, serve a specific purpose, but does not, or will not hire an architect or engineer for the job.

We had a job last year and when we walked in the lady of the house says “HI! Don’t tell me you can’t do this!!! My Bro says” You can do anything if you throw enough money at it” Uglier than a 3 peck…. Again I say

“what ever you want lady” ruby red with a light up the middle,black granite sink

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.