Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eli Polite

i was just wondering what cameras you use

my wife has a graphics company so she has a cannon 12 mp rebel sxi i grabbed it one day while she was out and took a few pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Cameras now adays are getting amazing.  I would love to get a Nikon D90 but I can’t justify the cost.  Shutter speed on the Rebel is really fast.

Did you do any correction after or is that what you get with the camera?

Eli Polite

no corrections at all that is strait from the camera to the computer the d90 is great but overkill unless you make a living with it

Tom M

Is it worth spending the money on TTL digital cameras? The Sony Cyber thingy I have takes a great picture, but is lousy on candids, because of that stupid orange range light.

Brian Stone

Cameras do make a huge difference. There is a learning curve to something like a D90 or other SLR’s though that most people won’t take the time with.

It’s possible to take good pictures with a cheap point and shoot but you almost always need to have a lot of natural light. If you don’t then the picture usually either comes out blurry or you have to use the flash and it’s over-exposed. With that said, they are coming out with better point and shoot cameras every day. I bought one of these for my wife for her birthday and it seems to take some very good pictures. Having a Leica lens helps though.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Uncle has that Lumix camera.  He loves it and with the 10x zoom, it is pretty awesome for the size.

Brian Stone

I have to admit…sometimes I do still like the blur that you get with a camera that does’t have a high enough iso setting.

Photobucket

KCWOOD

Posted By Tom M on 25 Dec 2008 06:23 PM
    Is it worth spending the money on TTL digital cameras? The Sony Cyber thingy I have takes a great picture, but is lousy on candids, because of that stupid orange range light.

Tom… I have a Sony DSC-H1 and it is the best all around camera I have ever owned.   I might add… I started 35 yrs ago with a used 35mm Minolta and a B&W darkroom…  Thousands of dollars later and quite a collection of Nikons, Pentax, Minoltas in the closet.. I saw some amazing pics at a photography exhibit and later I found out it was with this Sony camera.  This attached picture (Seagull) was taken from about 35-40ft away on St Augustine Beach,  zoom at 100% (12x optical) with a Corona in my lap.  Need I say more?    kc

Tom M

Wow, nice pick. KC.
    The DSC H1 – is it a TTL or a full auto not too much control camera?

By the way, I still have my Nikon F-35 camera. Except for the pain of development and the cost of film, it would still be my main choice.

KCWOOD

Tom… as you can see, you have many options.  The after sunset pic (Captiva Island Fl.) could have been done with f stop change or use the meter and lock it to create the effect. The Cabin  (Great Smokey Mts National Park) done in B&W and  Sepia settings.  The camera has its quirks though… not the best flash exposures…  but nothing that can’t be overcome.  Even has excellent video recording.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.