Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jcbrazuka

what is the signifigance of this distinction? Caesarstone explained it to me as Godd Housekeeping warrants their product for two years as well as the existing ten year warranty. is this worth promoting? or who cares?

Wags

Pay the price, you too can get a “Good housekeeping seal of quality”.. Much like the Microban on Silestone, great selling tool but means nothing..

I could be wrong, but I think it is something they pay good housekeeping to do. Might make initial sales better with an additional warranty. Ask them if it covers staining, scratches, heat damage or uv damage. Now that would be a deal.

Richard

I kept this mum for a while so they could make up their minds. One of the quartz manufactures that features micorban apparently decided that particpating in our test was a bad idea. Anyone out there with a 12″ x 12″ sample of same would make my day if they would send me one. Please mark the back with color name, brand and date purchased so we can include that data in the report.

They got me curious now.

Tom M

Al,

You should be seeing a package soon with some samples in it. It went out Monday.

Let me know if there is something inside that might help you on this.

Tom

Matt Kraft

You need a chunk of that stuff with Microban in it??

Send me an email with your exact needs and a address and I’ll get one out to you.

matt@custommarble.net

Let me know if there is anything else you are short on and I will include it if possible on my end.

Matt

Karlos

Got the package, thanks Tom.

Matt, we could use some stuff with microban. 12 x 12″ if possible so all the test samples are the same. If there are any other material types you want to be included in the testing, let me know. We have six common granite, three types of quartz, and I have plenty of avonite and staron.

Is there a solid surface with micro ban in it?

The Carpenter Shop, 359 north Rockwell ave, Oklahoma City, OK, 73127.

LDB

Oh, if anyone has five or six ounces of different type of sealers for granite, we could use that as well. We have to document all the materials and sealers, so original container or a label would help. Got to be fair if this study is going to help anyone.

At some point, we need to test differnt sealers to make sure the test isn’t skewed by a poor quality sealer.

David Gerard

Al , Don’t rule out concrete as a counter material? Seems to be the big rage in the west and here. 3 separate guys in my little area. I think they mostly seal with silicon based products. Some guys polish some leave it troweled. Sorry I can’t send you any from here.

Tom M

Al,

I’m pretty sure a silestone sample was in the package, wasn’t it?

Good thought on the concrete, David.

Scott Adkins

Indeed it was Tom, thanks again. I thought if we could get another, preferably with provenence (sp?) the test would be more credible.

CONCRETE! Got to sleep once in a while guys. Joking, of course. Might make a top for the next round of tests. I’ve done a couple for bars.

David Gerard

Hey Al, I think what your doing is great. I wish I was there to help ya. I’m gonna bait your hook extra special some day.

A very far away thanks DG

David, if we ever get up to Alaska, I am going to hold you to that fishing trip. Gentleman fishing sounds like a welcome change.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.