Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have been looking at cabinet design software for sometime now and was wondering if any of you are making your own cabinets and if so what software you use.

I have been looking at Microvellum. It is a design software that intigrates into autocad. I like the idea of integration rather than a whole seperate peace of software. Anyone ever used microvellum ??

Also looked at KCDW… not impressed at all for the price.

Another is cabinet vision but again I am not sure if that is the answer either.

Any thoughts ???

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I liked 20/20 because you don’t have to pay for the cabinet catalogs. The are free. Not sure though if you can design custom cabinets with it, I never bought any of the software.

Tom M

Travis, Cabinetware (or vision?) comes with a CAD transfer that includes nesting. Not sure about the cost, but a few years ago I think they were asking 12 or 13 large.

Norm Walters

Travis, take a look at this, http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/

Paul Bingham

I used ecab for about 6 months and found it to be awkward and not very intuitative to use. The good part is that it is free. The bad part is that it only works with thermwood routers. It was up to verion 5 when I stopped using it.

Paul

Pual, Any way to copy and paste parts so that you could use it on a different router ??

Do you still build cabinets ? If so what software do you use ?

Paul Bingham

Travis,

We stopped building cabinets a year or so ago. We didn’t want to be competitors to our kitchen dealers for SS.

The software is designed to only put out code for Thermwood, thats why it’s free. You can print out nesting drawings, but you would have to redraw them in Autocad and then output a dxf to your machine software. Kind of defeats the purpose of going with software design. At that time we didn’t have a CNC and we cut on our Vert. Panel saw and table saw. It allowed us to have a library of cabinets readily accessable and produced 3D views of the cabinetry. The customers loved the 3D drawings.

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.