Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cudink

We purchased custom solid surface undermount sinks from Gemstone, which we integrated into our solid surface tops.  After glue-up and finishing we are having trouble matching the color of the sink with the color of the top.  The sink is slightly lighter.  Can anyone give me some ideas for how to correct or blend this?

Your help is appreciated!
    Thank you.
    Jon Olson

instead of a round
    over on the edge of the bowl put a bevel edge. it will hide the color
    difference

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I agree with Jon, the only solution is to do the bevel down to the seam line.

We always explain to our customers there will be a dye lot difference, but that might not help in this particular situation.

Tom M

It works, but it is a rather unattractive option.

Lenny E

Sink color will never match a sheet. The chemistry is different, ergo different color.

T forming the sink (vacuum draw) into a sheet is an option but your are limited by how far you can draw the material.

I always advise a white sink in a different color top. You cannot change the laws of Physics,

Well you can bend them a little if you accelerate your shop to the speed of light around the event horizon of a black hole, but that’s really expensive.

cudink

Hey guys thanks for the quick replies.  I appreciate the input and will definitely keep these ideas in mind for next time.

Have a good one!
    cudink

Hey everyone,

Got a new question in regards to integral undermount sinks. My top color is corian Aurora and my sink is Cameo White. I am assuming we should use adhesive to match Cameo White when mounted my sink to the countertop although they are different colors? Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

You would definitely be ok with Cameo white.  I have also used bisque, bone.  Almost any cream or ivory or light color will work.

Because the top is different color than the bowl.   you are very unlikely to see the actual glue at the seam line.
    Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We have used the adhesive color for the deck or the sink and they both seem to work just fine. Have not really experienced any issue. Make sure the sink is tight to the deck.

cudink

Johnny / Andy,

Thanks for the quick replies and helpful information.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.