Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nick Henry

hello all

I am bidding a job and it specs laminate bevel edge ctop with arc and full round ends. I know it can be done I have seen it. Anyone know how this can be achieved?  thanks

Nick

Wayne

Align Rite has a system of tools to do this. http://www.alignritetool.com/bevel_edge.htm

If the corners can be “clipped” use Wilsonart’s “Perma Edge” or Kuhn’s bevel edging.

Jon Olson
    Hey Nick I thought the suppliers of bevel edge also sold radius corners?

Wayne

Jon,we do a lot of bevel edge tops, so if you know of anyone making radius corners that work, let us know!!

Nick Henry

Jon

I don’t think they sell just the radius corners. I know they sell the 12′ length of bevel flat back or “T”back. We make our own bevel. I will call kuehn bevel in the morning.

The top I seen
    with the radius corner looked like it was done in house. When I looked
    underneath you could not see a seam line where the bevel edge and the substrate meet. It looked like
    the substrate was one piece and the bevel radius was routed in. Almost like they made it like a square edge top and then routed a groove for the bevel to be snapped in place. Which make sense if you have the betterly bevel machine which I have. But I dont know how to make the curve laminate part for the bevel edge.I did
    notice that the bevel edge had a seam on each end of the radius. I know there are some peeps in
    Pennsylvania that are doing radius corners with bevel edge. Hopefully
    they are members here on the fab net.wayne have you heard of radius
    corners  on a bevel edge top?

Oh and the top with the radius corners was a “L” shape top with no seams

Nick

Nick Henry

wayne

I think you are on to something. I dont have this system but this system prolly could work I need to call these people in the am. thanks for the link.

Nick

Nick Henry

How about this http://www.alignritetool.com/radius_bevel_edge.htm
    THANK YOU— Wayne.

All right now who has this system? I gots Lots of questions for you.

Nick

p.s.
     This site Is great !!!

Wayne

I just remembered that Align Rite has the tooling…we don’t use it (we just use Perma Edge & Kuhn), so I can’t answer any “how to” questions. Try talking with them, they’ve been helpful to us in the past.

Nick Henry

Wayne

did you try this link  http://www.alignritetool.com/radius_bevel_edge.htm

this shows how the radius corners are made. there is a machine to cut out the bevel. I want to know if i can do this on my cnc.

nick

Wayne

Nick,
    Pretty cool! We’re getting more and more orders for custom self edge and bevel edge laminate tops these days (must be the economy).
    …it’s not your mothers Formica anymore!
    Wayne.

Dan Kuntz

we have that system from alignrite. Ours is old and just plain wore out tho and it is the same idea but they have made changes to it . like ours does not have a vaccum pump. Ours you sandwich the piece of lam in between the jig. Like I said ours is wore out and we really don;t sell a top with a radius on it anymore enless the cust request it . It takes to much time to sand done the bevel to make it fit.

I am new to the fabnetwork, But just in the two days ive been a member I have learned alot from you guys. I think the radiused bevel is great I have never seen it done Im really intrested 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.