Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I have seen these in several places and they kinda got me curious. I was wondering if anyone here has used these sink clamps. Look like they could work well, but then again looks can be deceiving. SO if anyone has used them pros or cons would be appreciated.

Reuben

Sue Turner

Reuben we tried these in our shop because we do a lot of neo-angel corner wide bar sinks here in the Hi-Desert. We tried the hot melt sent with the clamps and our own hot melt but it all seamed to release from the clamps with out much presure. We were concerned we would not keep a good glue line so we quit using them. May be we just had a problem with the hot melt glues we tried but we could not get them to hold.

Joe Corlett

Reuben:

I have seen the Betterly clamps, but never used them.

I hot melt small wood blocks for positioning, then double up some Dani clamps of the front and back edge of kitchen sinks. With that much pressure, you don’t need to clamp the middle. Obviously the sink isn’t going to bend.

For many years, I just placed a two-ton hydraulic jack on top of each drain hole after positioning.

I’ve never had a failure with either method.

Joe

Dani Homrich

No need to hot melt clamps on the deck to hold your sink, no need to clean hot melt off your clamps after you use them and these clamps will last over 10 years and never pop off when clamped.

DIMIN01

Reuben, if you wish to try the Betterly clamps to see if they’ll work in your application, a set will be sent no charge.

http://www.betterleytools.com

Wow Dave for that statement lets get em on the way and we will even do up a review for the Fab Net.

Reuben

Tom M

Dani,

Double gluing the Dani Calmp for bowls.

Did you think of that from the start, or after awhile?

Tom

Tim Simkin

Consider it done Reuben.

Dani Homrich

Tom,

Double ringing has always been my procedure for clamping shorter distances to achieve the same clamping pressure as you would with thicker material with the same clamp. The more you open my clamps the more clamping pressure they have. For sinks,1” of material 4” clamp (blue) single, 6” edge clamp (black) with a 6” cove clamp (red) over it, double ringed 8” clamps (orange), and triple ring 12” clamps (purple). Note; the EM6 clamp (black) for edges works great on 1” material when you are clamping edges.

Dani

Dani,

The EM6 is that a total thickness of 1 1/2″ as in yo are clamping on the 1″ worth of build with the fab method you have talked to me about? I like to do the 2″ stacked edge so for the first layer is only 1″ so the EM6 do not have enough pressure until I add the second layer correct?

Reuben

Dani Homrich

Reuben,

The EM6 clamp will clamp edges from 1” to 3 1/2“ just fine no need to add more clamping pressure as long as you are getting good squeeze out. Use the CD6 clamp (red) for clamping 3” to 7 1/2”. When you are clamping 1” or 2” the EM6 clamp is the one to use for edges.

Dani

Every shop needs some Dani clamps. I have guys that worked in other shops in my area and look at them and laugh. However once they use them and see how fast they are for sinks, large drop edges like skirts, certain seams, etc, they love them. If you look closely in my shop my employees have them in use for all kinds of things. Buy some, you’ll order more.

Tom M

Agreed John,

Dani clamps are the kind of tool where, once you see them you say “Sure, I could have thought of that “- but you never did.

Well, Dani did, and although there are lots of clamps that do lots of things, there are certain operations where nothing else comes close. I have quite a few of them now, I know I’m getting more.

Tom

(and you can quote me on that, Dani)

Jason Coache

Neroghoutioun. Yesstchem hasgenar. Ooreh pghnikeh.

Tom M

Could be gaelic, could be klingon, but either way, it’s Greek to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.