Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Several times we have done banjo shaped vanity tops and the banjo end is open and not supported.

The existing top was tile with full height mirror BS on back wall and 6″ tile splash on the right side (out of frame) and open on the left end.
    They wanted SS backsplash and were going to do away with the full mirror.  I built a bracket that I could screw in to the stud using an opening that I cut in the drywall.  The hole will be concealed by the new 6″ tall backsplash.
    This is the bracket after being screwed to the stud.  I added some blocking so that I could re-install the drywall piece.
    Bracket in place and drywall patching done.  After this picture was taken I added a cleat to the wall to support the back edge of the countertop.
    I completely forgot to take a finished picture.
    Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We do banjo replacements and we thicken up the front edge and just use a ledger. Customer never wants to pay for additional support. That is nice and will never sag over time.

Was the old countertop sagging at the leading edge?

The old one was not sagging.  I just wanted it to be supported in the event that someone was to bear weight on it when they cleaned the window or changing a light bulb or repainting the ceiling at some time in the future.

David Gerard

I like it! I recently made an SS corbel on a free floating banjo. That grab bar idea would be great if one was having rough time and had to face the wall for bearing down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.