Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I put some pictures and Information on my website and it is quite lengthy as to reading the info and looking at the pictures as the viewer is scrolling down..

what i am looking for is some info on how to add that “Back to Top button”

I couldnt figure it out, I also notice a lot of people are able to put “Click here” and then when you do it has a different link. I also do not know how to do that…please help me with that also if ya could…I was also wondering if i done that at the bottom of my page of lengthy interest and just added my website page link that I change to “back to top”, would that be like double -clicking on my website?or if website visitors do that on all my pages would that be like one person clicking on my website 10 times?…

I do not have have pay per click, nor would I want that, i have a counter and would rather have one visit is one click like I do now

hope I was descriptive enough on what kind of help it is I need, thanx

Tom M

Gene,
    I don’t know what software you designed the site in, but in Front Page (yuck) I put what is called a bookmark on any given line(s) of a page. When I placed my back to the top button in, I hyperlinked the same page (which was actually a choice given), and selected which bookmark to use. It jumps to that bookmark (in your case, the top of the page), and makes the computer screen stop there.

I hope that helps, but I’m a moron, so maybe not.

I don’t know squat about counters, and think they are rather useless to have on a website. Behind the scenes, of course, they are quite useful.

The trick I haven’t learned yet, is to open in a new window, so when I link to a manufacturer, my page stays up on the computer. Andy will now tell mne what code to type in, completely forgetting that I am, indeed, a moron.

Well Tom, You are no Moron…simply because …If you are calling yourself a Moron…and uh..lets see…Im asking and taking advice from you…well…what does that make me???…so ya see how easy it is on fabnet to insult someone else by insulting yourself…hehehehe

Therfore please call yourself a super duper great guy, so I can consider myself a duper great guy but thank for the tips on the website thing

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hello you Morons, (Just Kidding)

You can do both. The first is called an “Anchor”. You can place it anywhere on you site and then have links to it. They use these a lot in FAQs pages to hlep scroll down to the exact question. “Scroll To Bottom of Page” Here is the code

a name=”Sample_Anchor”>BOTTOM OF PAGE

You have to select the text as the anchor, name the anchor and then when you link, it links to the anchor name. I called mine “Sample Anchor” Remember to add the < symbol in front of the code.

The second is “Open in a New Window” Here is the code for the previous:

a target=”_blank” href=”http://www.mathertops.com

Remember to put the at the end.

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

i

j

k

l

m

n

o

BOTTOM OF PAGE

It is difficult to show code here because it converts it into the actual thing you are tyring to show the code for. If you need more help, let me know the page you are looking at and I can view the source code for your actual page. It is not that diffucult, and can be done on virtually every site.

Let me know

Tom M

Andy,
    type the code, but space between the keystrokes. Tell us to remove the spaces. It should show up ok.

I like the morons part. It makes me feel – – simple.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I will try that. I tried to type some code to show you the I-Frame thing and couldn’t get the code to work right.

Awright I am officially a Moron on this issue…

please help me but dont help Tom yet Andy…me first

I typed at the bottom of the page I want to put the “Back to top button” on..

you suggested a name=”Sample_Anchor”>Bottom of page

I typed in: bactatop=”http://www.gotgreencountertops.com/2008_Pictures.html”>Back to top

a nutin happens? am i suposta get rid of the http thing?

I didnt know what you meant by typing “a name”, I understood that the sample anchor in quotations were my link code of that page, then where you wrote Bottom of page, I wrote Back to top…those > signs are not in front of da page code, only the one……anyway im standing by as soon as you or anyone else might wanta suggest advice……..thanx

Youse guys stumped or am I justa stump? HHHHaaaaaalp!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Sorry Gene,

Forgot to revisit this thread. Give me the link to the page you are talking about and I will view the code to see if I can help.

ok here is the page I want to have a Back to top button at bottom…I gots lotsa pictures on it….I also want to do my 2007 project pictures as well, but if you can figure out the one I’ll copy offya

http://www.gotgreencountertops.com/2008_Pictures.html

thanks for to helpn me

Tom M

Gene,
    You need to lighten up your image at the top of the page.

Whattya mean Lighten up my image…egotistically or the darkness in the picturehehehehehehe…yeah I kinda thought I’ll be the Green superhero for awhile til the Green wave slows down, friends were telling me I look like a superman wanna be without a cape..hahahahahahjust tooting my horn for awhile til people get to know me….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene,

Can I critic your website, or should I keep my mouth shut? I like it but there are some things you could do to really make it kick ass.

I don’t want to securely shove my foot in my mouth so you let me know.

go ahead…we’re friends right? I just learnt how to do websites not too long ago?…I wrote webmaster at da bottom of my homepage cause I see other do it as if that is the title…Its shorter than writing ” hey Im da guy who did this website…Gotta problem wit dat?”

not too long ago I just figured out how to get email…

please I give everybody full permission to critic it, help me out…I dont need the work…or more traffic of sales right now…but i wouldn”t mind youse helping me look a little bit more professional…I get alot of calls from it…alot newcomers to green love da definitions…it gets more calls to me ,way more than me putting a ad in the phonebook…iI wont be phonebooking anymore

but please dont dog me or make fun of me fabnetters, I am new, i am learning and I am trying to grow…I know Im not a website expert..,,but someday Im gonna be!!!!! hehehehe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Main things to consider:

• Use Hyperlinks instead of the entire URL. Here is an example http://www.gotgreencountertops.com/ OR CLICK HERE
    • Pick a font and try not to change the size unless it is a header. The way you see the site differs from others because of many factors. If you don’t assign a font size to the majority of text, the user has control based on their own computer settings.
    • Define a menu system. All the different links get a bit confusing.
    • Colored backgrounds are harder for older folks to read. Determine your customer base and then decide.
    • You have great content, actually excellent content, it just needs a bit of structure so your guest can view it all. Imagine that your visitors go to the pages, but they have no idea where they have been or where to go next.

Great aspects of your site:

• Quality content
    • Pictures speaks volumns about your ligitamacy
    • You look real personable and that show through
    • Your website says you are an expert without shoving down my throat.
    • Links help solidify you knowledge.
    • Music is kinda nice even though I thought I was going to hate it.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.