Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Don Hook

New guy here looking for feedback on the AXYZ line of router tables. How does it compare to say, Shopbot, E-Z Router and Shop Sabre?

I’ve got a request in to the company for pricing info but any insight on that would be helpful, too.

I did a search on this forum but only one popped up. Haven’t searche the whole board yet though. That’s next.

Thanks and sure glad I found this board!

Don

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The search button in the upper right corner works great now. Type in AXYZ and you should get a lot of responses.

As for the AXYZ, maybe Paul will jump in here. He had some issues with his, but the service was excellent and he is more than satisfied.

Paul Bingham

AXYZ makes a very good table with lots of options in table size, drive motors, gantry and head configurations, multiple heads, etc. I have had mine going on 7 months now and we use it every day. Some days it runs 10 hrs non stop cutting cabinet parts out of melamine. Ours has a 10HP spindle with a toolchanger and a 6’x12′ table.

We had ours delivered with a new control system for the toolchanger that had just been developed. The control system turned out to be a problem on our machine and required three trips by service techs to finally resolve the problem. AXYZ was absolutely fantastic in their efforts to resolve this issue and after it was all over they made up for all the frustrations by helping us out in some other areas.

A 10hp spindle may be overkill for cutting SS, but we cut other things that can utilize most of that 10HP.

I think AXYZ is in a different category than the machines you mentioned in your post, but they also cost more. Pricing is very dependent on the options you go with, such as drive motor type, spindle size , ATC, table size, regular or heavy duty table, number of spindles, software, installation and training time, etc.

I think the most important thing is to make certain the machine you choose can not only do the jobs you are doing now, but the things you may want to do in the future.

We chose AXYZ after talking to a number of people who had been using AXYZ machines in the SS and other industries for a number of years.. Virtually everyone we taked to had nothing but good to say about the machines.

We are totally satisfied with the machine and exemplary support and service we have received from AXYZ.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me. 902-866-3182

Paul

Tom M

I’m one of the guys Paul talked with. I have a 7012 with a five horse and a ten horse power head. The ten has a quick change. We don’t profile our solid surface tops, so the quick change suits it fine. There’s also always someone tending the machine, so if we change, it’s not too tough.

AXYZ has never, ever done us wrong. I also include Fab Choice in that as well. They used to sell them in the states. Always had a solid line of communication with both these outfits.

The toolpath software is pretty easy to learn, as well.

Matt Kraft

We have an AXYZ and I think it is a great entry level machine. It is superior to the others mentioned in the first post, but inferior to KOMO, Andersen, Northwood and the big boys. But they are quite a bit cheaper than those.

It will do everything you need to do in a solid surface shop as well as being helpful on other projects.

Looking back the only regret we had when buying is that we didn’t implement digital templating right away with our CNC. I would recommend going that route if its an option. Huge jump in speed and accuracy for our shop.

Paul Bingham

I agree with Matt, start off with digital templating. It’s an extra 10 to 20K upfront depending on what system you decide will work best for you, but will pay for itself in short order. We use the Lt-55 and it works just great and it’s in the 10K range. Without the digital templater you still have to make a hard template, transport it back to the shop and digitize it for use in the system. No matter how you look at it you will save at least 3 hours on every job and you will be more accurate. It only takes a 100 jobs or less to break even. It also helps to sell jobs, customers see us as more hi-tech than our competitors because of the templator and CNC and we can point to jobs that we got because of them. I usually take the LT-55 with me when closing a job at a customers home. If they sign up I go out to the truck and bring the LT-55 in and template right away. It saves another trip and is less hassle for the customer.

Paul

Gordon Shell
    Posted By Paul Bingham on 12/20/2007 11:07 AM

I agree with Matt, start off with digital templating. It’s an extra 10 to 20K upfront depending on what system you decide will work best for you, but will pay for itself in short order. We use the Lt-55 and it works just great and it’s in the 10K range. Without the digital templater you still have to make a hard template, transport it back to the shop and digitize it for use in the system. No matter how you look at it you will save at least 3 hours on every job and you will be more accurate. It only takes a 100 jobs or less to break even. It also helps to sell jobs, customers see us as more hi-tech than our competitors because of the templator and CNC and we can point to jobs that we got because of them. I usually take the LT-55 with me when closing a job at a customers home. If they sign up I go out to the truck and bring the LT-55 in and template right away. It saves another trip and is less hassle for the customer.

Paul

Give me a call if you decide to go with an LT-55, I am an independaent distributor and offer very aggressive pricing and support after the sale. 616-293-6170.

I have alot of customers running the AXYZ machines with great success, I know their customer service is great also.

Fabricators Choice also has a machine at that level and they are also known for great service.

Good luck!

I also have an AXYZ. 10hp, gang drill, atc on a 5×12 table. I have gotten good support from AXYZ but I also purchased Enroute Pro Wood and it has never worked right. I cant seem to get anyone to help me with that. Not sure if it is Enroute or the AXYZ DNC.

All and all I also looked at the tables you mentioned and I agree they are cheaper but simply in a different class.

I am also a big fan of digital templating. Lt-55 is what I use. Jobs you used to cringe at will make you smile once you use dig. templating with cnc. Makes life super easy and much faster than the old stick templates.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.