Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ok so I am talking with the salesman from AXYZ. I am looking at the 5012 machine. So I ask him how much more the 7012 model is. First of all he tells me that there is no such model as the 7012. But the 6012 is about 4k more. I say well that is a good buy so rework my estimate and resend it to me. Whats the deal with the model numbers? The 7012 is in there brochure. I am confused.

Paul Bingham

Travis,

The 7012 is a machine they configured for Fabricators Choice. The 4000, 5000, 10000 etc. are a series of machine widths with lengths in multiples of 2′.

You can order a 4014, or a 1060 etc., but I think the 7012 is only available as a 7012.

Paul

Tom M

Part of the 7012’s table size is somewhat exagerated.

It was billed as 84 by 150, and it’s almost there, but they snuck a few inches in that shouldn’t count.

I couldn’t do what I do on a smaller table. That’s worth a bit right there.

The perfect table size for me, floor space not withstanding, would be that which can fit through a standard doorway, plus the nested build up. Because we preseam the sheets (incredible advantages, in my opinion), we can sort of control the weight and logistics almost as an afterthought.

Paul, you need to think about how you’re going to cut and mill on the CNC to determine your table size.

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.