Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My guy Refresh Simon made this awesome surfboard two sided as well with a silver sparkle inlay…so proud of his skills..I had some fun trying to bend the New Petals series..Poly is one thing..but with all them wavy flower looking thingys..dove me nuts..lotsa bad words I was yelling..in any case, the dust from the cobalt top I saved and mixed with some resin to make the face coming thru the surfer’s wave…I was going to put a snorkle and goggles on the dude…but ran outta time It was for an Art thing whereya have Cheese and wine and hold your Pinky up when sipping..pretty fun though

you can see above the one section I broke
    Tom M

Greenie is hob-nobbing with the hoity-toities.
    That is a beautiful piece of work. Compliments to both you and Simon.

Yeah, Gene.  What Tom said.

Johnny C
    Steve , NY

Awsome job Gene / Simon !!    How did you back light it ? I don’t see any cords coming out of the base ?

in stores these days they got LED worklights for auto mechanices and campers…etc..last 25000 hours…I use it for displays and showing stuff backlit…LED have come so far..all that work i useta do to light up cabinets and tops..

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Did you steal my surfboard idea? JK

I that a real surfboard or did you make it with solid surface material?

itza full sheet cut in half…just like a surfboard it touches at the ends but we put substrate in the middle then just edged it all way wound…then we inlay the sparkly stripe around the shape sanded and done…its just as polished on the bottom…

The wave we are gonna trick out still with scraps and make it look like fish are jumping outta the wave…Im gonna put a coblat glasss wave only attached to da sides..
    yes we laminated back of sheet to back of sheet..i know we voided the 10 year material lifetime warranty....just having fun 
    Surfboard is 1-1/2″ in the center and 1/2″ ish on the ends.
    Wags

Amazing craftsmanship !

Tom M

Almost like they know what they are doing, isn’t it?

Wags

No Tom, they just don’t know what you Can’t do with this stuff, so they do it…..i’m so not artistic it sucks……..

David Gerard

It’s like …..”a solid surface safari with Geeeene!”

Im having fun with this stuff after all these years…Im now getting into Concrete countertops a little bit more…and of course you guys know I have to throw in all my avonite scraps to get that new brand coming out called Avowackotrazzo.. maybe when i get crazier Ill make my own slabs and sell them..but thanx..i may not have made much money on some of these experiments…but one thing for sure..I saved thousands on Therapy bills the other wingnuts are paying monthly..hahaha

so if i make a lot of cash sell tops and give it to a shrink…we both net the same amount of money and I aint gotta lay on couch or playing with lego blocks at his table anymore…oops did i tell on myself again
    Tom M

I’m just glad Gene is using his creative mind developing cool countertops, because I shudder at what he would come up with if he had a chemical engineer’s background. I just can’t imagine… oh wait, yes i can imagine. Another Lenny.

Glad you are on the fabrication side, Greenie.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.