Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I wanted to show this as I was talking to a fellow fabber the other day…and I know when you save Polys for awhile they change..andya think..why save scraps from Avonite especially because you now hafta buy full sheets…well check it out…there is a market out there for conference tables and various unique applications..rather then get upset about seaming them up and they dont match…an idea is to introduce a strip of another color to basically celebrate the seam..or even I shoulda ran a fill line thru that seam and really hid it with more diamonds in the top..

Just trying to defend my boys at Avonite with some more ideas

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I am all for it on a project like that. My problem is when it has to be all the same. The idea behind solid surface is that it can be one continuous countertop with no distinguishable seams.

Love your work though. I wish I had your artistic ability cause I have the tools to do some of that work.

KCWOOD

I just wish I had the rich person customer base… 

thats not all it cracked up to be ..most Rich people are like spoiled adult brats..they expect more than they pay…and have no idea what a change order is…i think they are useta sending the steak back because now they want lobster cause the lady at the other table ordered lobster and the restaraunt dude didnt charge her

and the celebrities are worse…some of them actually offer to endorse you for a discount…I still havent been able to digest the people who refer to themselves as a third person..” well gene if you do a kitchen for lets just say Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt will be greatful and tons of my fans will buy off you”
             maybe that true…and I probly loose money by just saying listen here you freakin grammy freak…I wantchure autograph…but wouldja mind putting it on the the front of your check please!!!!
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Funny you mention a check. I remember watching an autobiography about some celebrity. They used to tip with check because people wouldn’t cash them. They would keep them as souvenir instead because of the signature.

Guy probably saved tons on that little scam.

well my celebrities aint that famous enough to keep their checks..betcha ur butt im cashing them..most of them do try to give me sign baseballs, basketballs and footballs..I just laugh and say I only like MMA, Boxing Gloves and a chess set if ur Gary Kasparov,  other than that give me ur money!!!

Michael

Gene, trust over here they are just as bad. That looks really nice and well done.

Michael

David Gerard

we just did a kitchen for some old friends now celebs. Dam near had to choke hold them to go for solid surface instead of old slabs of white spruce with poly. My words were “Atz, you aint on the homestead no more live a little”!

He wants to get one of my guitars on his show somehow. Funny stuff! “ALASKA the Last frontier” on discovery. Atz K’s wife bonnie is my dental hygienist too.
    We dont care who you are as long as you buy our tops.
    Homer is loaded with famous people. The real ones are the old guard Alaskan politicians who help Alaska reach StateHood.
    Gene , your celeb pics crack me up! I would love to be a fly on the wall as you bust balls.

Wags

Other than your amazing artistic talent, and your incredible craftsmenship, you really have nothing going for you huh Gene ?

Norm Walters

Exactly Wags, I’m thinking he should be in computer animation.

Wags and Norm..thanx..I admit I swell up in the eyes when I hear good stuff…cause you know I entered into this industry kinda late…had a lot of catching up to do from the wealth of info…Thats what I miss about the show …the seminars and the get togethers…but guys..I am having a ball…it is up and down..I only post the pictures of me smiling though..lotsa angry looks making this stuff…this job was cool.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.