Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Just 2 vids. Kicked butt at both of them. We run with Miata this Saturday and 2 other clubs next weekend to end the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_x0GDdKvA&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-3M8qlzHg

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What is the top speed on the first video?

I shift into 2nd gear right after the start and stay there. I hit maybe 65 mph tops before braking to turn. Some Miata drivers were just 3 seconds behind my time.

Len Smith

Does this mean you will be getting back to work in two weeks, Steve? Some folks want tools, you know.

;^)

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Busted by Len.

KCWOOD

Posted By Len Smith on 19 Oct 2012 10:11 AM
    Does this mean you will be getting back to work in two weeks, Steve? Some folks want tools, you know.

;^)

Steve, have you been gone a while?  My granite company I use has been trying to get in touch with you for a long time. They just bought the new Seam Setters instead of the Gorilla Grips since they couldn’t contact you.

When I saw them use the seam setter,  and how powerful they are with such a compact  vacuum pump, and the strenght of the adjusting screws, while you were out playing ,  your competition just took seam tooling to a whole  new level.

Steve Mehan

KC

We did the same, bought the omni cube seam setter. 
    Nice feature is when on site you can also run it with a 9volt battety if need be. 
    Adjustments are by fare the most accurate. And price
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Omin Cubed also advertises here on the FabNet and gave a set to Chris for the Foster kids .

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 21 Oct 2012 03:11 PM
    Ouch, Omin Cubed also advertises here on the FabNet and gave a set to Chris for the Foster kids .

I just saw the most perfect flat seam, because of the way the adjustments are on the seam setter. 

No doubt, Gorilla/Paraligns made the jump from bar clamps, now Omni has made the jump to perfection for the stone guys, hands down.

Chris Yaughn

As  a point of information. 

Steve sent a set of paraligns to Broken Shackle Ranch also.

The are doing solid surface.

Posted By KCWOOD on 20 Oct 2012 07:54 PM

Posted By Len Smith on 19 Oct 2012 10:11 AM

;^)

Steve, have you been gone a while?  My granite company I use has been trying to get in touch with you for a long time. They just bought the new Seam Setters instead of the Gorilla Grips since they couldn’t contact you.

When I saw them use the seam setter,  and how powerful they are with such a compact  vacuum pump, and the strenght of the adjusting screws, while you were out playing ,  your competition just took seam tooling to a whole  new level.

Not sure why they could not get in contact with us, but I do know that a few people just do not call back if they do not get someone to answer right away. Susan does return all calls.
    And there is only one seam setter that can easily bend a granite slab, and we make it.

Len Smith

Susan’s great, Steve. I don’t know how things are going now, but I recall trying to buy one of your v-groove machines a couple of years ago, and what I got was that no more were being built until you got back for some reason. I waited weeks to buy one, but it was car season and that seemed to take priority over work. We ended up just buying a used full service v-groover.

I realize that you probably feel that things go just fine while you are out of the office, but it doesn’t seem that way to me, and apparently there are others here who have had the same experience. You can write off the feedback as wrong, or you can give it some thought. Totally up to you. I’m just offering this up because I think you have a good business there and there is at least the appearance to outsiders that the biz comes second, and I know you wouldn’t want that.

I could be wrong.

Len

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.