Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Man this really makes me feel stupid.

I have a digital template of a cab layout. Angels are really weird. How do I draw a line at a 90 degree angle off of the out of sqaure line ?

Sorry guys, I sat here and looked at this for about ten minutes befor i hit submit. Makes me feel really stupid.

Tom M

Travis,

If you draw a horizontal orthagonal line, couldn’t you measure the angle and rotate the difference?

Tom M

And isn’t there a perpendicular line function? As long as you don’t fix the start point, you should be able to snap to any preset vertex you placed.

Seth Emery

Travis,

Not a stupid question. I didn’t learn this until after I was out of school, because basically all of our drawings in school were square or at “true” angles – nothing like the real world. Go to View->Toolbars. Select the UCS toolbar. Mouse over the icons until you see Object UCS. Click on that icon and then on the object that you want your line to be perpendicular to. This can be very helpful for inserting sink cutouts, cooktops, etc. when the finished edge isn’t true to 0 deg. or 90 deg. Are you using AutoCAD LT or the full version?

Have a nice evening,

Seth

Seth I use full version of acad 2007. I will try that and let you know if I have problems.

Thanks for the help

.. Tried it and it worked perfect.. Thanks so much. Gosh I felt stupid trying to figure that out. I was basically checking the angle and the using a calculator to find a 90 off of that. It worked but this is much faster. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.