Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Seth Emery

Tom,

The site doesn’t look all that simple to me. If you mean that it doesn’t have all kinds of graphics everywhere, that just slows down loading time and gets annoying anyways. Google has a “simple” site, yet it is very popular. Nice job on your wife’s top. I haven’t seen too many jobs with different color stripes in the splash. I found the picture under Residential->Solid surface products. You have user-entry forms on your site. That is definitely not an amateur pratice. I can see you put a lot of time into learning how to do this, which is really cool. It’s great that you and your company have embraced technology with the website and the CNC. I’m not familiar with te details of everycontractor, but I have done some HTML programming. If you ever get stuck on anything, I’m no expert, but we might be able to stick our heads together and get through it.

Have a nice day,
    Seth

Tom M
    Seth,
    Thanks again.
    I used a Front Page templaet, then altered things a bit so it didn’t look so “front-page templaty”.
    The forms don’t work, though. They need the front page extensions, which everycontractor doesn’t use.

I may just take you up on that offer, someday soon. I will say this, though, I am glad I duplictaed pages that get used more then once, so my return buttons didn’t get a jammed together.

Tom

Seth Emery

Tom,

That’s too bad the Front Page extensions don’t work. Maybe when you update things, you can get a different host that does support them. Glad you were able to duplicate pages and keep things spaced evenly. Spacing is important.

Here is another command that I use everyday. This is one of the first new commands that I learned shortly after starting work at H.H. Ross, and it has been a huge time-saver. The command is “bpoly”. I use it mostly for creating multiple polylines from single shapes. Ex. Breaking apart build-ups and countertops. You just add the seam line, type in “bpoly”, then click “pick points”. After that, you pick a point inside each section of the object that you want to be a separate polyline. One thing that I have noticed, any part of the object that you want to turn into a separate polyline must be in view before you start the command, otherwise you will get an error. Before learning this, I would’ve traced each section with a polyline, which is basically what this does automatically.

Have a nice evening,
    Seth

Tom M
    Sounds like a short cut. I always have to reteach myself the proper offset commands and such. My partner does most of the drawing and toolpathing, so I don’t get much practice.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.