Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JasonCarr

I have a customer doing a dresser into an vanity conversion and the sink I have are the Vision V1 white sinks from Domain Industries  I’ve used the VI 5 sinks with a routerbit that I’ve used on every other project I’ve done in the last 6 months.

I used a protractor and figured out the bowl has a 20 degree angle on it.  The closest  bit I could find has a 18 degree bit and it still leaves about 1/16 of a  over hang and the bottom mounted bushing is  flush up again the sink….
    I have an amana 57128 and its still too much to sand off smooth…   Of course domain wasn’t very much  assistance and I can’t find anything on the vision sink except redirects back to domain..
    Any recommendations???
    Norm Walters

Jason, a 1/16″ isn’t alot. I would use a dynabrade air sander with a three inch disc and some 80 grit.  Shouldn’t take more than a minute, but that’s just me……

JasonCarr

it was actually more like an 1/8th of an inch. I have a festool sander and ended up sanding the edges flush. now I’m chasing a ridge i’ve made in the sink so an hour or so into it I finally have 2 sinks ready for finish sanding..

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Contact Bill at http://www.wesleytools.com/shopping.asp

He knows all the angles and bits for most of the sinks. He will get you the proper bit to be able to sand the sink in about five minutes. You shouldn’t have any overhang into the sink.

JasonCarr

Thank you Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.