Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

I would like to add a couple more of these before we get to the point of switching over to the new sanders (FEQ). Anyone have a surplus sander or some reconditioned ones they are looking to get rid of?

Matt Kraft

Custom Marble Inc.

mattt@custommarble.net

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Matt,

You won the new Festool sander a couple months ago. Do you like it?

Matt Kraft

Andy wrote

Matt,

You won the new Festool sander a couple months ago. Do you like it?

I do like it. There are improvements, but I don’t have it in circulation in the shop because the backup pad doesn’t work with our paper. Its kind of my personal sander right now. Maybe I need to have someone find me a backup pad that works with the six hole Mirka paper we use. I tried the week after we got it, but came up with nothing. I guess I need to try again.

I guess I am trying to avoid a situation where both sanders are out there and the guys start fighting over them, etc. If anyone can help me out, please do. If you can get me the proper backup pad, I would order another FEQ or two. The Mirka backup pad we use is PN #8295494111. Need same with twist lock for new FEQ sander.

Thanks.

Joe Corlett

Matt:

I’ve been looking for an excuse to get the new Festool and if you bought mine, that would probably do the trick. I’ll bet it doesn’t have over 200 hours on it.

Make me an offer,

Joe

I bought a new FEQ a few months back. I like it, however the rotation of the pad is opposite of the ES 150 so it takes some getting use to. Also, when I ordered it I was told that the pads were the same as the ES. Obviously they are not. The FEQ uses a twist lock system. The pad that came with the FEQ was the long life pad. I find that it is just a bit to firm at the edge. This making sanding cove backsplashes a bit touchy for the un-initiated. I do like the sander. It runs very smooth and the changing from Rotex to random is very easy. Just wish that the pads were interchangable.

I personally don’t like my hole pattern out near the edge so I Drill new holes that line up with the vacuum channels that fit my Fein 6 hole pattern. I suppose if the Jost paper doesn’t require holes than the hole pattern would be irrelevant.

Johnny C

Matt Kraft

OK, so I stopped by one of our local suppliers yesterday. It appears that they do not have a pad available through Mirka yet that works with the new FEQ. I can’t believe that anyone that sells six hole paper hasn’t come up with this yet.

Suppliers out there:: I will gladly purchase a new FEQ from you if you can get me backup pads comprable to the ones I am using now, only with the twist lock system.

Steve Lefebre I’m looking in your direction. You have the answer to everything. And you have my credit card on file

Matt Kraft

Bump.

I could use another couple RO 150’s, folks. Or I need someone to give me a backup pad that will work with 6 hole paper and the new FEQ’s.

Help?

Good thing you called. I have just located one of my old demo units. Just need to find out where the other one is. Then call Festool to see what’s needed to get the deal done. Not even more than a few hours on them, but they do show the markings from a few trade shows.

caspmo

Steve, you don’t happen to have say…10 dozen demo paralligns laying around I could display in the showroom for those fabricators that walk through the door looking for some kind of seaming tool do you??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.