Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Posted By KCWOOD on 20 Aug 2012 08:36 PM

I just ordered an Avonite job, my first poly job in 2 years. Wow had the price gone up. 

So, when the solid surface manufactures wonder why their business is shrinking, maybe its because I just paid more for a 30 sq ft sheet of solid surface than a 50sq ft sheet of Quartz cost. 
    ouch….

Kelsey, and Tom,

I hear ya’all.

Can ya all please PM me with recent Avonite and Formica Prices? Avonite was always expensive because they think their crap don’t stink. I want a recent handle on Formica prices too.

I just want to figure what the markup is on this smutz, which sounds like it’s ridiculously outrageous. I know what it costs to produce it in the US and in China. 🙂

Jon Olson

I have no problems buying direct. I have no problems buying from a distributor

Good prices is what I’m about. Service is what you make it.

Remember its better to drive the car than sit in the back seat

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Jon Olson on 22 Aug 2012 12:48 PM

I have no problems buying direct. I have no problems buying from a distributor

Good prices is what I’m about. Service is what you make it.

Remember its better to drive the car than sit in the back seat

Service to me is not what I make of it rather what they provide.

It is there responsibility to provide great customer service just like you provide your customers.

Wags

LG under the old ownership did a great job of distributing direct in some markets. Now that those owners are out, time will tell how LG fairs….from what I hear here in Az. it’s not working well. Perhaps not really understanding the US Market is more the problem.

Tom M

Jon,
    The less service we get from the manufacturer (in this type of system) the harder it is for us to provide the same service we always offered our customers. That is just the way it is.

To provide the same kind of service, we have to put more into it. Putting more into it usually means a more expensive job.

I hope the transition is seamless in this case. From what I see, the pricing is indeed better up front, but the shipping costs is more. I think we will be able to lower the price point of the product, but I don’t know yet. I do know I like the sinks and will try to sell the heck out of them.

KCWOOD

Posted By Lenny E on 22 Aug 2012 09:10 AM

Posted By KCWOOD on 20 Aug 2012 08:36 PM

I just ordered an Avonite job, my first poly job in 2 years. Wow had the price gone up. 

So, when the solid surface manufactures wonder why their business is shrinking, maybe its because I just paid more for a 30 sq ft sheet of solid surface than a 50sq ft sheet of Quartz cost. 
    ouch….

Kelsey, and Tom,

I hear ya’all.

Can ya all please PM me with recent Avonite and Formica Prices? Avonite was always expensive because they think their crap don’t stink. I want a recent handle on Formica prices too.

I just want to figure what the markup is on this smutz, which sounds like it’s ridiculously outrageous. I know what it costs to produce it in the US and in China. 🙂

Lenny, check your email….

Tom M

Lenny-san,
    I just found out my Avonite distributor is no longer my Avonite distributor as of October. Let me see about new pricing before we talk.

I will look for the Formica pricing, but I only sold one job last year and can’t remember the one before that. I will look, though.

KCWOOD

Posted By Tom M on 25 Aug 2012 07:55 AM
    Lenny-san,
    I just found out my Avonite distributor is no longer my Avonite distributor as of October. Let me see about new pricing before we talk.

I will look for the Formica pricing, but I only sold one job last year and can’t remember the one before that. I will look, though.

Tom. My new distributor DSI  is based out of Pa.

Lenny, I don’t have formica pricing, used it once, not again.

Tom M

Len-chan,
    My old Avonite distributor is searching for a new product.

Lenny E

Do tell.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.