Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brady Hudson

does anyone know about or have worked with alkemi solid surface?

Brady

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Brady, I have never heard of it or seen it fabricated in any of our customers shops but: “60% aluminum post industrial scrap?”

http://oikos.com/products/finishes/renewedmaterials/

Interesting…

llg504

http://www.renewedmaterials.com

Ok, here we have another “green” site. I was just thinking the other day, “why not have my countertops look like old ground up mobile homes?” With color added or course.

Derek_IIMLTD

By the way fabricators, the site link I posted above, refers to Solid Surface as…and I quote:

“A STAGNANT COMMERCIAL OPTION!”

Of course, it refers to laminate and stone the same way. Ignorant, politically correct GREEN WEANIES!

Tom M

Ignorant, politically correct GREEN WEANIES!

Dave,

That’s pretty vague, man.

I want to know how you really feel about them.

Don’t hold back.

Sandy Milroy

Well Tom, instead of doing nothing but telling the world why their product is the next best thing to Rosie O’Donnel being deported, they cut down on our industries! Where’s AL, he’ll give them a friggin war !!

Joe Corlett

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

I was just thinking the other day, “why not have my countertops look like old ground up mobile homes?” With color added or course.

Dave:

That has to be one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard you say.

Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming spoons for making Rosie O’Donnell fat,

Joe

Tom M

Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming spoons for making Rosie O’Donnell fat,

I don’t know, Joe, that’s pretty good right there…

Tom

tim schmidt

Why Joe (light bulbs go off), why not grind up all the guns from all of those “responsible” gun owners, add a little color and WALA~~~~~~a new type of countertop!

Perhaps…COLTCOUNTERTOPS

Joe Corlett

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Why Joe (light bulbs go off), why not grind up all the guns from all of those “responsible” gun owners, add a little color and WALA~~~~~~a new type of countertop!

Perhaps…COLTCOUNTERTOPS

Dave:

I think that is an excellent idea. You manufacturer “Coltertops” and I’ll fabricate and sell them. We’ll be rich and Rosie will still be fat.

Joe

P.S.

“Viola!” is pronounced wa-la. I think that’s what you meant.

Wags

Actually its a pretty interesting product for commercial applications. As Avonite Studio collection, it has its advantages and disadvantages. Im not sure I would promote it as a countertop in a high use kitchen application, (but I didn’t with some Avonite either), but it does have a niche.

Dave,

Back to the Alkemi, actually its a good looking product. We have some samples in my office and everyone loves it. However, the price is a bit hard to swallow. We will be processing a small pc soon to see how it cuts, profiles and finishes. I am just waiting on some 30 micron to come in.

John Cristina

John Clayton

Dave, why bother, they already said it is 60% scrap.

Al, under their “just in” category, they tell us we can see their product at a show…November 2005! So much for updating the site.

Tom M

Dave, why bother, they already said it is 60% scrap.

Which is getting towards 80%.

And, as is clear to see, 80% of scrap is crap.

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.