Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mory Ludwick

Who is using air sanders during fabrication? What type of sanders are you using and what size paper?

Mory

Dani Homrich

Mory,

I use Beaver Tools and Dynabrade 5″ & 6″

Air sanders are much better and faster to use when it comes to edges and sinks, also much easer on the arms and hands.

Dani

KCWOOD

Mory I use the dynabrade 5″. I also got the 3″ rounded pad and the wavy sanding disc. Works awesome on and around bowls. For the most part I use the Rotex… I love the dust pickup! It seems to work better than on a air sander.

Believe it or not Porter Cable makes some pnuematic sanders that are really nice. I have used the dynabrade alot in the past and like them but the PC is identical but quite a bit less money. We use mainly a 5″ H+L pad some 3″ H+L but they dont take a seam down as fast as the buffer. Cant beat them for doing your bowl and edge work though.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dynabrad Spirit. It is a Yellow sander, very light and cheap.

They are kinda a throw away sander, but if you keep them oiled they will last a long time.

Go with the 5″ H&L. Much less expensive for the sandpaper and the paper is easy to change.

Amir Azami

We use the Dynabrade 3″, 5″, 6″ & 8″.

I would suggest staying away from the Spirit since it seems not as agressive. But we have both.

3″ with foam pad works great for sinks. 8″ is used for decks.

Dani Homrich

For All of you using the 3″ with foam pad you should try my 5” radius Urethane pad. It is much more efficient and more durable than the foam pad and still only 3 ½” at the beginning of the radius
    Advantages 1) You have more sand paper on the pad to do the sanding, saving time by not having to change the paper as often and no need to buy 3” or wavy disc paper because the hook flap is 5” made for standard 5” disc. 2) A Urethane pad is more dense and durable, allowing you to sand out imperfections faster than a foam pad, and will out live a foam pad 3 to 1. 3) The pad is Guaranteed! if you don’t like it, send it back to me and I will give your money back. Although I have over 1,000 radius sanding pad out there and have never had one returned. 4) The pad will fit any tool with a 5/16” X 24 Thread. Also I make a pad to fit the 6” Festool, and a mini 3 ½” Urethane radius sanding pad with 5/16” X 24 Thread. The mini pad is only 2 ¼” at the beginning of the radius.

Dani

Mory Ludwick

Thanks for the help Dani

Mory

Dynabrade changes the color of their sanders for different orbital diameter strokes. The 3/16″ is fine, the 3/32″ does not remove as much material and your shop guys will go thru pads faster. Make it a point to see the porter cable air sanders they are indentical and a lot less money. Besides if you ever need work done to it, more shops will fix them over the dynabrade and they are less for parts. As my dynabrades go or we add more, I have been getting the PCs. Same thread to use Dani’s pads and are available with a dust port or with out.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

Do you have a link to buy them?

I get them from my tool supplier but here is a link who i buy most of my solid surface supplies from

http://www.tools4solidsurface.com/ they are local for me and have good service. They have the pricing on there for the PC sanders

Ryan Krejci

Dave looks to put jcristina on the payroll…Anyway, we sell Hutchins, Dynabrade, Porter-Cable,National Detroit…etc. When Porter-Cable came out with their low profile sanders, they were going after Dynabrade with a vengence. About time somebody did. Both have nice quality but we do FAR LESS warranty work on PC than Dynabrade! As a matter of fact, we’ve done 5 warranties on over 200 PC sanders sold…pretty good percentage and the warranties we have done usually are related to the customer not blowing the SS dust out of the tool on a daily basis.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.