Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Flora Gao

Could you please tell me what the choice of fabricators on this board is in air sanders and the size you use.

Thanks, Dave

http://www.tools4solidsurface.com

KCWOOD

Dynabrade 6″, 5″ 3″…..

I have a autobody shop next door to me. Those guys have been using Dynabrade for years, and they NEVER use oil. I don’t think they have ever had trouble with any of them… That’s why is was easy to buy Dynabrade for me.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dynabrade 5″ H&L. Then we put on whatever pad I like for the particular job.

I think I may try the Porter-Cable when I am looking for some new ones.

Andy, I would like to convert my dynabrades to H&L. Any ideas on where to get the pad?

KCWOOD

Travis,

I buy mine from Abrasive Resource 1800-814-7358 http://www.abrasiveresource.com/ . They always seem to ship the same day you call them, they seem to stock everything. Free shipping on abrasives with internet order.

Ask for Debbie if you call

KC

Rob Greene

Travis, one of the least expensive ways is to simply use a conversion pad. We sell a boatload of 5 & 6″ PSA to hookit pads. Just peel the tab off the back and stick it on your existing PSA pad and you have hookit. All for 3 bucks. Of course, you can also spend 16-18 bucks on a Dbrade pad or a Rhyno pad #6002 for $12.00.

TDURDEN

Help me out, Dave!

Okay, for the last 6 years I have been paying big bucks every month to replace hook and loop pads on our three porter cable 6″ sanders (usually in good shape but throwing abrasive pads off). Is it possible to convert back to psa, use the conversion pads mentioned in your post and then replace the conversion pads when they start losing holding power?

Our local source is charging around $25.00 for the porter cable replacement pads! Will those other pads fit a porter cable 6″ random orbit sander? It”s got the small bolt, maybe 1/4″ or so.

On another note, do the festool pads hold up as well as these aftermarket pads? I ordered one today, got an extra pad, but if it is as good and cheaper to use the other pads, I am interested.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Travis H wrote
    Andy, I would like to convert my dynabrades to H&L. Any ideas on where to get the pad?

Travis,

I currently buy mine from Klingspor but will probably try the ones from FEDSAW. Give Dave a call and he can probably switch you over without a huge cost.

Al, are you using Porter-Cable air or electric sanders? With or without a vac hole pattern?

For instance: PC electric 6″ Sander #7336 / PSA PAD #16001 LIST $28.28 ouch. Even at 20% off of list, that’s $23.10

PC #18001 H&L pad LIST $32.08 ouch…20% off = $25.66 These prices reflect PC 2/15/06 book price. Just recd a new 10/01/06 price list…hold on, let me ck price.

#16001 stayed the same price. #18001 DID NOT. Now $33.68 ouch

Here’s the botton line Al. We offer INDASA’s Rhyno brand abrasive and pads as well as PC. They work. Same bolt & thread pattern. The Rhyno pads are akin to LP (Low Profile).

RHYNO #6003 PSA Pad – $13.50 ! 5 or more, $11.48

RHYNO #6004 H&L Pad – $18.36 ! 5 or more, $15.61

Dani Homrich

Sanding pads always in stock High quality US made Urethane pads H/L & PSA. Fit Dynabrade, Porter-Cable or any sander with 5/16”X 24 thread, also I make a radius sanding pad for the Festool for sanding your sinks rims and coves. For flat or heavy duty sanding I sell a 5/8” thick Urethane pad, much more durable and stable then those 3/8” thick factory pads. I have radius sanding pads for sinks rims and coves in 3” 5” 6” size. Large “T” Hook pads for standard Scotch-brite so you won’t wear out your hooks on your regular hook pads. I also have special 5” & 6” pads to eliminate all your Cornrows in your finish, these pads are also good for sanding coves or inside radiuses.

5” 5H H/L 5/8” thick sanding pad #MDF5 $18.00 6” 6H H/L 5/8” thick $22.00

Dani

jeremy brown

Also Al, the 6″ 6H (thick) Rhyno pads are $15.00. As for the 5 & 6″ conversion pads, PSA to Hook & Loop, they are 4 bucks. A very economical way to convert a PSA pad or even to go over a worn hook & loop pad to keep on going.

Dave

1-866-FED-SAW1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.