Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mark Mihalik

Andy, when I first started doing countertops I didn’t offer laminate. We were fabbing stone and solid surface. Later, I added laminate and wood and have found a nitch in our area. We are now a one stop shop for countertops. We get more builders by having a huge offering. I’ve done homes with granite kitchen, butcherblock island, ss bathrooms, and laminate laundry room. The builder said I was more expensive but he could get everything handeled with one person.

With the slow down of building, I’m glad we did. We are doing more laminate now and less SS, ES, and granite.

Freddy, We use the air lam trimmers from Betterly. They work fantastic and are fast. As far as the lube we use Lami-lube. It is a spray on stuff and works very well. Super fast. Light coat, air rout and then yup the art of fileing. I agree, it takes about 3 months for someone to get real good.

Hardest thing is backsplash on post form top into bar top. It takes me along time to get someone good at that.
    I tend to save older files for the new guys. Kinda like a handme down system.

Tom M

For filing a cove end cap on a postform, use a fine chainsaw file. Works great.

David Gerard

good advice Tom, I use files for many things ,even on SS . On wood I like to use cabinet scrapers and also block planes. I have done countless laminate seams with a block plane. I must like to pet the material I I work with or something ? Hand tools give delicate but positive control on detailing.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.