Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

Hi gents,

Give me a feeler for how you guys handle bidding a project where the specs are for 3/4″ thick solid surface.
    We’ve gone a number of different routes with different GCs per their policies/practices but it sure seems like a pain in the butt when you know full well they aren’t going to end up with 3/4″ material getting installed.
    Last couple I’ve seen don’t specify a manufacturer, material, or color but yet…….3/4″.  Strange.  Makes a lot of work spelling out your bid.
    Matt
    Wags

If they did give a mfg, you could have the mfg rep contact the architect and update their specification manual. This is a case of an architect just cut and pasting specs from an old old manual. I would bid it but using 1/2 material and just state not available in 3/4′” material.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We get those as well and let them know that if they truly want 3/4″, it will be an additional charge and a minimum order.

It is almost impossible to give them an actual price and impossible to find out the rules for purchasing from your local Corian Rep.

Tom M

Wags is right that the architects are going off the old standard. We just make sure the outfit we are quoting knows it is 1/2″, not 3/4″. Never had a problem.

Jon Olson

Most of the time they only want the3/4 look.offer using 1/2 with a 3/4 built edge. They’ll than have a complete color offer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.