Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

I am pretty confident with my special pricing on certain colors. That is until I found out this customer in West Ky was buying their granite tops in the Atlanta Ga area 300 miles away and getting it installed for $42/sqft.

Geez…..

You ask where’s the business going?  Sounds like “out of business” soon!

Maybe someone will start digitizing templates and sending them to Mexico for fabrication. It could happen…

Joe

Matt Rickard

Joe that already happens everyday in Brazil, China and Mexico for commercial work!!!!

Kelly the sad part is by the time the dude in Atl did a template and an install he or his subs had atleast 24hrs of driving time. It had to a really good friend or family member for somebody to drive that far for so little money. 
    KCWOOD

Family, friend, bet it was just a broke hack that needed beer or cigarette money. Probably found a cheap shop around Atlanta to fab it for them. Who in their right mind would travel this far?

This is the last cheap job I looked at. I was too high on my bid, but yet they called me to do something about it. The customer was pissed when i told them they got  “exactly”what they  paid for. ..

I bet even Kowboy could do better than this!

Matt Rickard

I would be curious to know if they had the correct license and insurance to be working in KY!!!

Jon Olson

call those companies one offs. Use them once and never again. The problem is homeowners never get a second chance. Very sad. Ask your client have they gotten references from them. Than give them your references

I bet even Kowboy could do better than this!

Kelsey:

Maybe a little:

Joe

Miles Crowe

I read this post the other day. We were having our manager’s meeting today and it came up about a job we did that someone picked up over a weekend. They told me the customer came from Kentucky to get it and were going to install it themselves. I have no idea what the customer knows about installation, but they paid us upfront!

Anyway, it was a couple of vanities. One was Red Dragon and I’m not sure about the other.

Is this the same job?

Even as tough as our market is, I doubt anybody’s driving from ATlanta to Kentucky for 42 bucks a foot.

Lenny E

I dunno guys,

My commute to the jobsite (Houston to the Orient) is about 8000 miles as the crow flies.

Lenny E

I dunno guys,

My commute to the jobsite (Texas to the Orient) is about 8000 miles as the crow flies.

KCWOOD

It was a kitchen and 1 vanity, and 2 tub caps. Kitchen was 93 sq ft… Homeowner (Egbert) said it was coming from Atlanta for $42 ft. 

Just wondered who was hungry down there?

Miles Crowe

No, different job. Ours was two vanities from remnants. Fab only at 48!

KCWOOD

Guess it was just someone moonlighting that works for a stone shop down there. 

I heard my friends in city hall talk about someone inquiring about business license from Georgia . 
    KCWOOD

Miles, I’m just thinking , what a coincedence that this thread talks about 2 stone jobs fabbed in Georgia, and sold to Ky.

Are you or any others you know of  advertising up here? Just strange we both know of 2 customers that went 300+ miles to buy tops? 

Not too long ago, my security video caught a Sprinter Van turning around in my parking lot, it was a K&B company out of Georgia. 

Do you get many customers from long distance?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.