Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

Mory, you use 20/20 to design kitchens, do you charge people a design fee, then if they go with your company that amount goes towards the kitchen. I know this process can take a couple hours on a 4K software program, you almost have to charge a design fee.

Norm,

Of course you should charge, we do. If people want something for free we would give them a consultation. Something to the effect of “it will start around …., and here are some options” We would do a design with a deposit which was applied to the job when a contract was signed. PLus it weeded out the people who were not serious. At first I was not charging but quickly found I had to.

John

Mory Ludwick

Norm,

Sorry for the slow reply, I’ve been kind of busy. You guys may disagree with this, but this is what we do. Remember that we have very experienced designers on 20/20. Question, do we charge for kitchen layouts. Our designers do a preliminary layout and will only supply them with wall visuals. If they are still interested, which 98% of them are, we will then do detailed drawings with no addtional charges. Those drawings will not be given to the customer. They can meet with us and go over them, but they only receive wall visuals. Once a customer has signed off and a deposit has been made, they will get complete drawings and an itemized list of cabinets and features. Remember, we only sell and install two kitchens per week at this time. By the way, on every kitchen job we get the countertops.

Mory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.