Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

What is the best take off from 20/20 to look at for quoting countertops? The drawings I am getting right now have either too little or too much information.

Thanks

Tom M

Chris,

The default page setups in 20-20 include a variety of predefined views. One of these is countertop only. Your designer probably gets you these, and they are probably the “not enough” ones to which you refer.

You can change the default inclusion stuff for these pages, I think, so that every time she/he designs you get the same info. Talk to them about it and see if that would be easy enough. By the way, you can print out in scale, but most designers don’t do that, and I’m not too sure about the reliability of the scale/printer interface.

Fred Atwood

Go to the Countertop tab

right click on the page anywhere except on a countertop

select Display Setting

go to the Dimensions tab

Click on the + next to Auto Dimensions

You will see a list of all the dimensions that are automatically placed on that page. I usually just turn them all off and use the dimension tool to put in only dimensions I want. Play around with it a bit and you will get it figured out pretty quick. If you are on version8 and are getting the blue cross hatch lines when it thinks a top is too big, you can turn that off here too. Just go the the Warning patterns tab.

If you have troubles with it give me a call 352-400-0248

Tom M

Fred, I don’t think Chris has 20-20, I think he is talking about drawings he gets from the outside world.

Chris, if you can pass Fred’s info on to your customers, it might help you out.

I assume this is for quoting purposes only, correct?

Chris Yaughn

Tom M wrote

Fred, I don’t think Chris has 20-20, I think he is talking about drawings he gets from the outside world.

Chris, if you can pass Fred’s info on to your customers, it might help you out.

I assume this is for quoting purposes only, correct?

Tom,

Yep, but. I have a very good working relationship with this designer and would have no problems asking her to set the preferences on the countertop option to our liking.

Thanks Fred.

Fred Atwood

Hey Chris…sorry I misunderstood.

Not sure where you are located, I am in Central FL. If you feel comfortable with it (I do), you can have her give me a call if she has probelms with the settings. I would be happy to walk her through for you. I am far from a 20-20 expert, but I am not afraid to click a lot of buttons until I can figure out how to get any program to do what I want it to. I spend about 20 to 30 hours a week in 20-20, so I have clicked a lot of buttons…lol

Tom M

I spend about 20 to 30 hours a week in 20-20, so I have clicked a lot of buttons…lol

Wow – you got me beat.

Fred Atwood

Tom,

I am the only one that does our drawings and we use 20-20 on all of them. We have been really doing a sales blitz lately to pick up some new builder accounts. You know how that goes….one floor plan, 6 options. Plus I draw up all of our remodel work in before and after layouts so the client can see the change and our installers will know EXACTLY what they are to do.

Chris Yaughn

Oh and he also fields phone calls from beginers on 20/20.

Fred, Not sure if she called yet but I really appreciate the offer.

Chris

Norm Walters

2020 offers classes around the country from different providers. Do not take the beginners class. I took it, it cost me $300 and an 8 hour day. There were people there that had never opened the program. I had already played with it for a month on my own and ended up helping those that were clueless. The advanced class may be better. The fact is that if you play with the program long enough, you can teach yourself, although it can be frustrating especially if you try to move a wall, and all walls move, then the program crashes, grrrr.

Tom M

Norm, lots of bugs, that’s for sure. The least stable of professional programs I have.

I am fortunate to have an awesome sales company in my region. They will usually bundle the first two classes as a fast-track if you were the type that kind of figured it out on your own. I like that.

What has proven not worth the price to me is the Virtual Studio.

Norm Walters

Almost forget to mention it, calling 2020 support will cost you some dough, it is in Canada.

Fred Atwood

I had a lot of crashes and wierd problems when I first got ver8, but since the last service pack it has been smooth sailing. I actually like 20-20 now. Never thought I would say that.

Tom M

Fred,

Do you know the number of the most recent upgrade?

Fred Atwood

Tom,

It is Service Pack 3 for Version 8. Up until I got that service pack, version 8 SUCKED!!! But now I really like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.