Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I use Dynabrade sanders and have typically used a 3/8″ air hose. I need to get some new hoses, do the 1/4″ air hoses work with an air sander?

I would love to switch over to a smaller size hose but don’t want to starve the tool.

KCWOOD

I don’t think so Andy. Dropping down to 1/4″ you are cutting the volume of air about 2/3rds…

Choosing the right air hose and tools may seem simple but it can be confusing. Getting down to 1/4″ you are cutting the volume of air about 2/3rds.

Signs Manchester

Dani Homrich

Andy

Been using 1/4″ lines for years they work great at 100psi to 120psi. @ 25′ a1/4″ line has a 10 psi drop @ 12cfm and a 3/8″ line has a 5 psi drop @ 12cfm. By setting the compressor’s start @ 100 to 105psi and off @ 115 to 120psi you will still have the 90 psi and the air volume to run the 1/4″ line. Give it a try you will find your sanders work the same without dealing with those bulky and heavy 3/8″ lines

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Dani. I just bought a 1/4″ line and gonna give it a try.

Dani Homrich

Andy

Hows the air line working?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I thought I purchased the 1/4″ hose and it was the 3/8″. Now I have to buy the 1/4″. I have the compressor set up like you said.

Dani Homrich

Just take the 3/8″ back and exchange it for the 1/4″ + some $$, because you will find you don’t need the 3/8″ for sanders.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good point.

The brand I bought makes my pants black when it rubs against them. Think I will buy a different brand this time. It says Goodyear on the side, but who really knows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.