Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Any ideas for a good, not great 12″ chop saw blade?  Needs to cut solid surface, but it doesn’t need to be the Rolls Royce of blades.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 18 Oct 2012 03:23 PM
    Any ideas for a good, not great 12″ chop saw blade?  Needs to cut solid surface, but it doesn’t need to be the Rolls Royce of blades.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andy, I use the Amana 12″
    AA612841 

I use the 10″ on the table saw. BTW… I find this solid surface blade is amazing a cutting wood, especially plywood. Its aggressive enough for hardwoords, crosscuts plywood with no splinters… an awesome blade!

Wags

Think that is the same one I use KC. Great blade. Really like the Amana blades.

Amir Azami

I have had good luck with Amana and Freud

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I just bought a cheap blade to get by and it seems like the thing flexes when cutting the end of a piece of material. I am going to purchase the Amana blade. Hopefully it will be much more rigid.

Norm Walters

Andy, there was a woodworking shop next to mine and the guy that owned it gave me what looked like huge washers that went on each side of the blade to stabilize it, worked great

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I’ll look into that. I know the blade I have now is on the thin side but I like the washer idea. Do you have any idea if there is a product name.

Sue Turner

Andy your sharpening guy should be able to set you up or put you in the right direction.  Try saw blade stabilizers.

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 15 Dec 2012 02:29 PM

I’ll look into that. I know the blade I have now is on the thin side but I like the washer idea. Do you have any idea if there is a product name.

Freud, makes them. However, get an amana blade, you won’t need a stabalizer… only works for the cheap blades/equipment.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I am going to get that Amana blade you talked about. I just haven’t had time to get it. I keep forgetting to order it. Should probably stop typing this and order it right now.

Fab Man

I actually tried the Amana SS blades and was not impressed with any of them.
    Sent them back for credit.
    After trying several brands and not liking the finish provided by any I went back to the Gladue blades. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for. I found it was actually cheaper to use Gladue because the finish was so good it eliminated a lot of prep work to complete fabrication.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Never seen those blades before. Is there a website?

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 21 Dec 2012 12:04 PM

Never seen those blades before. Is there a website?

Andy, they are big into custom, and woodworking.  I believe the company is napGladu. 

For a chop saw, the Amana will be perfect.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Sounds good, I’ll try the Amana first.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.