Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

can i purchase some samples or even a 2×2 piece to play with and check out what i can do with it

Thanks

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is it possible to get on a list of certified Cupron fabricators? When jobs get spec’ed in this material, I would love to be able to bid on it.

Gordon Shell

Sorry for the delay guys, I’ve been swamped.

Cupron will not be available until late 1st quarter 2012, our current inventory pieces are being used in testing, show displays etc. We will have samples available early 1st quarter 2012.

The Material will fabricate almost exactly like any other solid surface material, I am in the process of creating technical bulletins on the slight differences that may be required. There will not be an extensive certification process, we will just have to educate you on the do’s and dont’s of the material to keep its full anti-microbial properties active.

We are having great success in signing distributors up regionally to handle Cupron in advance of the final roll-out of the product, there will be many press releases and info available in 2012 that will keep you all in the loop.

We know that none of our major projects will be possible without you the “fabricator” we will be keeping all of you informed on Cupron as soon as it is ready; any major specifications that are secured ahead of time will be presented to fabricators in the appropriate region ASAP.

We displayed at the Medical Expo last week in Nashville and were overwhelmed by the response, we know that our Cupron enhanced surface is innovative but we are very surprised to findout how educated the public is on the benefits of the technology.

Sit tight guys, I will make sure all of you are kept in the loop as details, samples, and specs become available.

Thanks for being enthused about Cupron Enhanced Surfaces.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is there any safety issues with cutting the material since it has the copper in it? Would we be able to just use a regular dust mask?

Thanks for the information Gordon

Gordon Shell

The Cupron technology is non-toxic. Cupron is encapsuled in a poly so you need to take the same precautions you would when working with poly’s. We will release an MSDS sheet along with the material with detailed precautions.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you have color matched adhesive?

Gordon Shell

Yes, the material will have matching adhesive

Lenny E

Copper is an interesting element.

While stainless steel is promoted as a ‘clean surface” used in kitchens, and for mortuary tables, copper is under rated in its toxicity to microbes. Did ya all know brass door knobs are less contaminated by germs than stainless steel ones because the copper in the brass seems to kill them all?

While this may seem like a good thing at first, if copper kills microbes what effect can it have on other living organisms, like human beings for example?

I don’t know, not having studied it, but for an interesting look see what this State government fact sheet has to say. See HERE

Gordon, Have you done any studies where an acidic food like grapefruit (which will leach copper alot) is placed on a countertop and then eaten?

Just wondering.

Gordon Shell

Safety Testing

Because Cupron Technology is based on copper oxide which is a natural, non-soluble form of copper, and copper is a required nutrient for healthier living, the body is generally capable of processing copper and maintaining proper copper levels.

Cupron Technology has been multiple-independently testedin laboratory settings against generally accepted clinical test protocols, utilizing standard Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) test conditions. And under these conditions, Cupron Technology is consistently found to be non-toxic, non sensitizing, and non-irritating to the skin with no adverse events reported. Cupron Enhanced products tested include healthcare linens, socks, consumer bedding, wound dressing prototypes, antiviral masks and surfacing materials.

Specific test results are maintained on file and available upon a qualified request.

In addition to specific safety testing performed on Cupron Technology, the risk of dermal sensitivity to copper is considered extremely minimal. Furthermore, longstanding commercial use of personal care products validates the laboratory results described above. That copper is considered safe to humans. Note the widespread (millions of women) and prolonged (more than 10 years by a single individual) use by women of copper internal medical devices (1) and over-the-counter wound healing treatments containing copper (2).

(1)Hubacher et al (2001) Use of copper intrauterine devices and the risk of tubal infertility among nulligravid women. N Engl J Med. 345:561-7; Anon. (2002) Copper IUDs, infection and infertility. Drug Ther Bull. 40:67-9; Bilian X. (2002) Intrauterine devices. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 16:155-68.

(2)Pereira CE, and Felcman J. (1998) Correlation between five minerals and the healing effect of Brazilian medicinal plants. Biol Trace Elem Res. 65:251-259; Schlemm et al. (1999) Medicinal yeast extracts. Cell Stress Chaperones. 1999;4:171-6.

Gordon Shell

Lenny,
    I do not personally do the studies on Cupron technology we have folks slightly above my pay grade that do that, you can view more studies HERE.

Lenny E

Posted By Gordon Shell on 07 Jan 2012 09:20 AM
    Lenny,
    I do not personally do the studies on Cupron technology we have folks slightly above my pay grade that do that, you can view more studies HERE.

Gordon,

Have you passed NSF yet? When you do that, I have no qualms about anything. They always have some young toxicoligist who dots the i’s and crosses the T’s with respect to metals.

It’s always a different toxicoligist, as they tend to use NSF as a stepping stone to the dreaded, yet high paying , (with our tax dollars), FDA. 🙂

Gordon Shell

Our current EOS products have NSF certification and we plan to have NSF certification on future products as well.

Tom M

So is that a “yes” or a “not yet”?

Gordon Shell

That is a “not yet”. We plan to have NSF certification, and we are going thru the testing and certifications with Cupron. Our initial target for Cupron is not food service or food prep areas, the antimicrobial properties of EOS with Cupron targets “Touch Surfaces” in hospitals such as nurses stations, overbed tables, chair caps, wall surfaces, hand rails, bed rails, labs, waiting rooms, etc.
    Initially you will not see alot of residential, or food service installs of EOS with Cupron.
    All certifications will be released with the products during 2012.

Lenny E

Good question Tom,

You always were the astute one, and much more polite than me.

Lets wait and see on this hyped shindig, shall we?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.